Any help for the trigger in a Browning BAR?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by mcseal2, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I traded last winter for a Browning BAR in a 7WSM. I loaded up some ammo for it, and it shoots great groups with 140 or 160gr Accubonds when I do my part right. The trigger is terrible though, making that more difficult, it has tons of creep and is very rough. Does anyone know of any replacement triggers or modifications I could to to help this? I am used the 2lb pull on all my bolt guns so this trigger bothers me quite a bit. Searching the web didn't turn anything up that I could find. Has anyone tried stoning one of these triggers? Thanks for your help.

2. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Unless you know what you're doing you shouldn't do any trigger work yourself. I suggest taking it to a gunsmith. Not sure about that particular gun, but most trigger jobs that I've known about cost the gun owner $25-$75.

3. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    I would not touch the trigger work myself, I have a friend a mile down the road who is a full time gunsmith. He does all my custom work for me, and my checkbook knows it all to well. I just wondered if there was anything I could do to improve the trigger pull. I trade off all the bolt guns I have that we cannot get to shoot 1/2 to 3/4" groups with customization. I don't think that is really necessary, but I am very particular about accuracy in my guns I keep. Anyway this rifle shoots that well, but I have trouble with the trigger when I am used to a smooth 2lbs on everything else so I wanted an improvement if possible. I don't think there is one but I thought I would check. If anyone has an answer please let me know.
    Thanks, Heath