Any good spots on the potomac?

Discussion in 'MARYLAND LAKES TALK' started by potomac_rvr_cat_guy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. potomac_rvr_cat_guy

potomac_rvr_cat_guy New Member

State:
    MD
    mainly in the area between Mattawoman Creek and Blue Planes.

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    first off, welcome to the BOC. Far as any good fishing between mattawoman and Blue plains. You betcha. Pretty much that whole stretch is good for a 20# and up on any given cast at the very least. Seems the further up river you go, the more you will be getting into the thick of the cats, but I wouldn't over look any of it, to be honest. Cats in the 30's I would say are the average, with blues in the 40's, 50's and 60's definitely a common occurance. The fall bite is just around the corner and a real good time to hit the river October, November and December. Personally, this is my favorite time in those month's. It's not uncommon to catch 20 to 40+ blues over 20# with 40 to 60# very common this time of year.

3. potomac_rvr_cat_guy

potomac_rvr_cat_guy New Member

State:
    MD
    thanks. Me and my dad fish for bass a lot but sometimes we might fish for catfish. We usually fish the Fort Washington area near Swan Creek, Broad Creek and around there. Thanks again for the help!

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    you and your dad are welcome to fish the jan 9th tournament at ft washington or stop by at 4pm and watch the weigh in if you like

5. bobbybobber

bobbybobber New Member

State:
    wv
    awesome fishing in that whole strech,i caught a bunch of real nice blues in them areas,right out from the 79 bouy in that 60 plus foot of water is one of are top producers of big fish in the spring and fall