any good lakes, ponds..

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by e'villeman, Dec 4, 2007.

1. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Anyone know of any good lakes or ponds between evansville and say patoka Lake?

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you ever fish scales lake in boonville ?

3. e'villeman

e'villeman New Member

State:
    Evansville, Indiana
    Nope, good fishing there?

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    ive caught a bunch of fish out of scales ..all small bass ..and a few good size crappie and redear. i havent seen a cat pulled out of there yet.

5. catfishcalhoun

catfishcalhoun New Member

State:
    indiana
    ive never fished hovey me and a buddy wre talking about trying to get down there next summer. just north of you up 41 are alot of good lakes and more strip pits than ive been able to fish in some 15 years . one of my favorites is turtle creek resevoir owned by hoosier energy the last time i was down there when the duck hunters were out it would open to fishing at noon you should be able to call there and ask there is a gaurd shack at the boat ramp that is manned . this lake is used to cool power plant it about 1550 acres this last summer they took the 10 fish limit off trying to reduce the numbers of cat fish . they had a kind of contest last summer for cats for most fish and big fish that ran june , july,and aug. at the end they gave away a boat .when i was there in june the board said the most to that point was something around 134 size did not matter to them. at the gaurd shack they have pictures of the big ones that have been caght one flat head was as long as the picnic table it was on .the old guys that work there have always been a big help over the years giving me tips they are avid catfisherman, you can catch them on almost anything there are so many of them for the bigger ones use live or fresh cut bluegills or i also use bass minnows or shiners they dont seem to mind if they are alive or dead . there are also some monster bass in it the limit is one per person per day with 20 inch limit and let me tell you they are in there ive caught a few while catfishing with night crawlers. i dont think ive ever been there when theres been more than ten rigs in the parking lot .
    to the east of 41 is dugger and linton with all the pits some are nice size and open to fishing year round electric motors only and every kind of cover and depth you can think of there at the pits there is a wholesale bait supplier that sales everything from worms to goldfish of all sizes called dirty harrys big catfish sign out front at the four way bridge sullivan/green county line.
    let me know how you do if you go to that hovey lake or the locks on the river that are right there good luck!

6. catfishcalhoun

catfishcalhoun New Member

State:
    indiana
    if you go to hoosier energy . com then click hoosier energy home page then click enviromental education center will give you info and phone number