Any good channel catfish spots in central ohio?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by caymancat, Jul 6, 2006.

1. caymancat

caymancat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am starting to fish a lot again and I was wondering if any of you brothers know of any good catfish spots (mainly channel) in central ohio. Prefferably near hilliard, dublin, or the Scioto river. Any spots would be greatly appreciated.:smile2:

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man I wish you luck, that area is fished hard, there is several lakes in your area that has channel cats.

3. caymancat

caymancat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah, it's tough. I use to catch some nice channels in dublin near O'shaughnessy reservoir but now it is always crowded and Griggs and homeroad haven't been good. What lakes would you suggest?

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Josh its a little bit of a drive but go to either Liebs Island or Picnic Point at Buckeye. I usually have better luck at Picnic Point tho. If you have a boat then I would say Alum.

5. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've had a lot of good days on Clearfork res. just south of Mansfield. Also in Alum Creek north of 36/37 bridge. Howard Rd.(north end of Alum) has some good places to fish from the bank. Can be crowded though. I like O'shaunessy but I haven't done very good there, except Crappies.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Just post if you ever want to go fishing. I am always looking to go fishing around central Ohio. Welcome to the BOC.

7. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That goes for me too. You and I and Tea can meet up. It may have to be August, I've got a lot of vacation time to cover this month.:sad2:

8. dandaman

dandaman New Member

State:
    columbus, ohio
    Hoover is a great place to catch channels

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like Hoover too. 10 hp limit makes it nice to fish. I haven't caught much there. Need to check out the north end some more for spots.

10. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Hoover is a good lake along with Buckeye, Dillion. If you want to hook up and go out in the boat and fill a cooler give me a call.

11. dandaman

dandaman New Member

State:
    columbus, ohio
    the north end of Hoover is the spot!!!