Any good Catfishing near OKC?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by SkipEye, Jul 18, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hello all,

From Missouri here but on occasion travel to OKC for extended periods. Wondered if there were any good spots for Flatties or Blues that would make it worthwhile to drag my boat out there with me?

2. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    Darryl,

I mainly fish at Arcadia near Edmond, just north of Okc. The corps has closed it due to high water. Can't even get in the park right now. Just when the fish will probably be easy to catch too....at least that is what I'm telling myself. :wink:

Hang on, I bet some others will chime in here shortly.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Nope. No good catfishing in western or central Oklahoma.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Cut it out Lawrence!:smile2:

You're pulling my leg right?

I do practice catch and release so it's not like I'm gonna take your all's baby cats back home to stock in Missouri right?:wink:

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nope, the poor old guy is serious. All the good catfishing in Oklahoma is in the North or Eastern parts of the state. Heck, if you are driving from Mo to OKC you pass Grand and Keystone both, both great lakes for fishing. But them lakes around OKC don't have nuttin but turtles in them.

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I only wish I was trying to protect a source of good catfishing. There is enough water around here to wet a line, but most of it is for bass. The fishing is not what most of us wish for... sadly.

7. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    How far is Kaw Lake from the city?

8. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Kaw Lake is 2 1/2 hours due north on I-35.

Keystone is 2 hours away on the Turner Turnpike near Tulsa

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Your closest bet would be lake fort cobb, about 80 miles west of the city or Kaw lake. Currently, I believe, Kaw lake is still closed due to high water.

10. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Sooner Lake about 15 minutes North of Stillwater on highway 177 has some very big blues. 70 to 80+ pound fish have been caught out of there. If there not biting there's plenty of sandies, hybrids and stripers in the lake also. This lake is also rod and reel only there's some trophy's in there.

11. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I've fished Sooner before and always caught lots of small channels near the hot-water outlet. Never thought about fishing it for blues... Gotta try it this winter!:wink: