Any good catfish programs?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by ShilohRed, Sep 26, 2005.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Anyone know of a good catfish Program that will let you inter all the info on the catch of the day?
    I know at one time there was talk about the BOC coming out with there own Program.
    Pete

2. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Fishing Log Pro

used to be free .. isn't anymore .. gives you a 30 trial to give it a go

also there's a webiste that allows free tracking www.fishermanslog.com

disclaimer: i believe there is no forum at that website, should staff deem the link unfit please feel free to remove from my post

3. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Pete, I looked for quite a while early this year for a program that would do that. I couldn't find one for free (I'm cheap), so I just made up a form on Microsoft Excel.

It's not fancy at all but I would just have a column for all the pertinent info (date, spot, type of fish, weight, length, bait, water level stage, water temp, air temp, rising/falling, and then a Notes section to write down whatever else I deemed important. I may have more columns than that but that's what I recall off the top of my head.

Unfortunately I haven't done well with keeping up with it this year but in the several entries I have made, it is fun looking it over and I can tell that it would really be helpful had I stuck to it better!

4. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    I made my own log in Excel also. Pretty simple like Shane said but it provides the basic information and can be modified in many ways. I'll send you a copy if you want. Send me a PM or email and I'll get it out to you.

My only problem is that I don't log my trips. I really get into it early in the year and then I just quit. I'm going to work on that.

5. Bank Catter

Bank Catter New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Whistler:

I don't think the link works for people who signed up on this site.

6. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bank Catter,

Try this link

Yes if you weren't signed up on the old site it wouldn't work

7. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    I just downloaded the program and when it tried to open the file it said, "Unrecognized Database Format 'C:\Catfish1\Catfish1.mdb'.

Any ideas?