Any good catfish lakes in St. louis County or an hr drive out of?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishinnstudyin, Nov 27, 2006.

1. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    Recently moved to Illinois but still have my Missouri fishing license. Are there any decent catfish holes in the St. Louis area? Can't fish the Missouri or Mississippi River because I haven't bought the heavy equipment yet, but will once I get back home from college. i fished Busch Lake with limited success on Lake 24 in the summer.. spent 2 day there, first day out for three hrs and ended up getting a 18 lb grass carp.. 2nd day, was out for 8 hours getting about 10 bites but could only set 1 fish.. hook up ratio is terrible, need to invest in a longer pole and keep a better eye on my pool..

also, if there is anyone in need of a fishing buddy and has a spot on the bank or boat for another and would like an eager disciple, id be most grateful.

thanks so much for your great tips

2. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    mmmm. I guess no one goes catfishing around here then..

3. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i have found a few small lakes and ponds i am going to try this winter you are more than welcome to come along i live in desoto mo and i will try to send a pm a few days before i go to give you time to decide if you can go or not and don't worry about rods and reels i if you go i have enough for 5 or 6 people this spring will spend most of my free time on the mississippi river and you are welcome to go then to