Any fur trappers in Mississippi?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by flatheaddundee, Nov 10, 2005.

1. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Anyone round here trap in these parts? If you do who do you sell them too and what kind of prices do you get for em?

2. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I did some trapping back 33-44 odd years ago but what I did back then don't count anymore besides that was when the fur market crashed and the guy who bought my furs got stuck with them.

3. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    You think the furmarket will ever rebound?

4. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I had to teach one guy wet trapping back in 76 and I ain't done any trapping sence so I haven't been keeping up with the furmarket but I don't think it will ever be as good as it was before that crash,to many people who feel sorry for the poor little critters.

5. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    Yea its those pissant anti trappers and anti hunters. I'm sick of their crap, we do our thing they'll do theirs. I hate antis, except for me cause I'm an anti-anti haha.

6. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Are U familiar with a magazine called: Fur,Fish,and Game.? Lot of information in it too. Any info I have on Ms. trapping is over 25 years old so wouldn't be of much value to you.

7. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Howdy tin!!!! How ya'll are??? :D

That's like me cause telling what I did back then wouldn't do anybody any good. I think it was the winter of 74-75 the last year I trapped for money,trying to feed my kids after jobs got short because of the oil embargo.