Any Flathead Catfish?

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Team Backwoods, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Team Backwoods

Team Backwoods New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have been fishing the verdigris river in Independence, been catching channel cat but still no flathead. I just started fishing for flathead last year, and was wondering about what time they usually start showing up in the verdigris, and other small rivers in SE Kansas.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    im in S.E Kansas, all I can say is wait for the water to be steady at 58 degrees. In my oppinion.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    The will start movin into the rivers as soon as the first warm rains bring the rivers up. They are usually right behind the shad.

4. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :cool2:i agree with kyle and another thing try fishing at night near large snags and most important u have to be very patient :eek:oooh:flatheads rarely school and if they do theres only 2 or 3:confused2: in a group. at least thats my observation:cool2:

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

may 15 like clock work

6. josephflatheaded

josephflatheaded New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hey whats up so I see that you r from wichita ks me to cought any big fis latly

7. josephflatheaded

josephflatheaded New Member

State:
    Kansas
    oya

8. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    just caught my second flathead ever last night at the dam in north lawrence, i just started fishing for them last year too

9. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Congrats on the catch, how big was he? My buddy and I caught a couple just below Lawrence Fri night, they were just babies, 7 lbs or so. We got them on a couple bullheads about 5 inches long. Good luck on your next one- catching them is addictive, but much healthier than alot of my other habits.