Any Excellent Lake or River For Excellent Big Cat Fishing in Extreme South GA ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Jaw Jah Danny, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny New Member

State:
    South GA
    Is the Flint River around Albany a good producer of large blue cats? I have no clue of this area. Any help would be appreciated. Gave up on hitting the lotto. Be 60 in 6 years, then heading to North Carolina , Albemarle,NC , 5 miles from Badin Lake, hold's the State Record for a blue cat , 80 lbs. Not giving the state any more of my money. Saving it up for a 20' Sea Ark V Cat series.

Signed, Blue Cat less.....................

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. catmanoneufala

catmanoneufala New Member

State:
    seale,alabama
    the flint in that area is not realy known for big blues but flat head on the flint is what you may want to go for.....now im not saying theres no big blues im sure they are there.....if you can get on seminol fish the chattahoochee river up around columbia locks that is where the current state record blue was cought... acording to the dnr websitebaits will be live and cut for both blue and flatheads...hope this helps

3. catmanoneufala

catmanoneufala New Member

State:
    seale,alabama
    best baits in my oppinion would be cut mullet (heads also)...shad...bream (live and cut)... and skipjack if you can find them down that way

4. Jaw Jah Danny

Jaw Jah Danny New Member

State:
    South GA
    thanks man! So, down here, flatheads rule. i'm learning, dang newbie. will have to research flatheads in the flint now. thanks again man.

5. paul c

paul c New Member

State:
    sparks ga
    Go to the Has anybody been catching in ga, in look at the blues that was caught today by my son on the flint river.

6. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    there's a lot of big flats in the flint,i like it better around leesburg,or below the dam @ blacksheare.there is blues,but the last ten years or so it seems like blues are on a decline in the flint,i use to catch a bunch of blues in the flint up my way,but not any more.good luck

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    You could go across to SE Ga and fish the Altamaha that is where the state record was caught