Any engines? 1998 - 2001 Ranger XLT 3.0

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by JBrooks, Jun 29, 2009.

1. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Does anyone know a place/site/anywhere I can get a good motor under 80,000 miles for a decent price? Seems no one in Ohio acknowledges Rangers exist. I locked up the motor about three weeks ago and I really, really need to get this thing running again!

Any help would be appreciated! :eek:oooh:

- James

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    all you can do is search, i use car-parts.com you can search by zip code and distance there are a few in the cinci area i saw prices from 450 to 900 depending on miles, hope this helps

3. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'll give it a go. Thanks!

4. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    find a 4.0 sohc out of an early 2000's explorer. good motors

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Try a place called "Rusty Acres" near Jacksonville, FL. All they deal in is ford truck parts. The motor in my Ranger came from them.

Good luck:wink:

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    mckee auto parts nelsonville oh has one but it a flex fuel motor and they ship there is differnt ones they have one for a 2000 model 600.00 bucks they have a web site check them out there phone no is on there also

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  7. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Try Midway LKQ, they have yards coast to coast. 1-800-627-2100

8. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    haha Im a member there. I cant believe you cant find one My local junkyard prolly has at least 5 engines under 80,000 and about 50 with higher milage.

9. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    you could also watch craigslist in the parts section,but any salvage yard worth having will be hooked up to a nationwide parts serch and will find you what you want and have it brought in if they don't have one,can't believe it would be hard to locate one of those engines,lots of them made,but being a ford maybe none are still running?:smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    if youre going to replace the motor either drop in a 2.3 or a 4.0. THe 2.3 has nearly the same specs with much better gas mileage and the 4.0 has much more power with similar gas mileage. i have a 2003 ranger 3.0 and im not a fan of that engine. just my opinion

11. Fl.catman

Fl.catman New Member

State:
    Fl
    I know a girl that bought a 2007 Stang GT new off the lot. It was never ran hard and only drove by her and it has already thou a rod. :smile2:

12. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    it was a girl driving a mustang ran it hard right off the lot with no break in period. Breaking a car in 10 to 30k miles is something a lot of girls wouldnt know they would take it right to the races. I could really go off here about how come you gotta replace S10 trannys every 10k miles or how come toyota truck factory suspensions wear out so quickly. My girlfriend has sold 2 cars that I have done all the work on they all ran great and she sold them to the same person that person had both of those cars ruined in a two month period. Brand hatred is annoying every company has its strong points and weak points. I have owned 2 4banger rangers and one ran 250k miles the other is up to 140k and still going strong. My Honda prelude 210k my Tercel 180k. know how and maintenance are what keeps cars and trucks going strong

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  13. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Put in a 302 those are everywhere....lol

14. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    Back in the '70s I used to build '55-'56 Ford F-100s, the Rangers have taken their place. Toys.:smile2::smile2: