Any ducks Yet?

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Bigbluefisherman, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone been killing any ducks yet? MO season opened last weekend and me and 3 of my buddies slaughtered them opening day. I was just curious if anyone else was having any luck! Good Luck to all!

2. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    We limited opening day here in Ks, but it's been spotty since. Finally starting to see some mallards show up, along with snow geese and specks. A few small canadas too. Did I mention tons of sandhill cranes? They're everywhere around here. Took the kids out last saturday. We got 5 ducks and a lifetime of memories! John

3. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    John,

Where abouts in Kansas are you hunting? I hunt KS as well, but we don't hunt it until late in the year, when everything is froze up. We have several fields over in Doniphan County!

4. flatbottom

flatbottom New Member

State:
    Lamar, Arkansas
    The Arkansas season won't open until November 17th. We have some ducks now, but the 17th is a long way off. We are due for a good season here. The last several have been pretty slow after the first few days and the ducks were often unwilling to work.

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There's few local ducks where I hunt in Arkansas, but it usually doesnt REALLY get good untill January! Last year, the last 2 weeks of the season was UNFORGETABLE!!!!!!!:crazy:

6. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    We killed limits yesterday here in MO. Lots of Mallards around right now, and more yet to come! We will be hunting saturday and sunday both this weekend!

7. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Here in Iowa we have'nt had a real good push for mallards yet. I think south dakota is still hogging them all.

8. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yesterday was not a "flight" day persay, but they have been coming fairly steady the last 24 hrs on this wind.
    Illinois river, west of us was spotty with some, same -o same-o, in places and fairly hot in the timber holes.
    Locals are worn out here and we are sure happy to see some new ones.

29 degrees this morning that should help get them in the mood and off the roost.
    No push of Big birds here but the Specks are building on the hot tubs waiting for the 21st.

9. JJ Hunt

JJ Hunt New Member

State:
    MS
    I live in north central ms and I haven't seen much yet.

10. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Still slow around the Alton IL. area, still waiting for south zone to open, Carlyle #'s still low but at least it we seem like new ducks for a couple of days.

11. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Been killin a few here in south east kansas.Haven't really seen that many yet.NEED SOME COLD WEATHER!!!

12. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    Well boys, it sounds like we will get a good push wednesday! They are talking 18 degrees for a low one wed night! From here on out it should be a slaughter!

13. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Heading down to sw Missouri this Wed night to hunt Thur Fri Sat and Sun should be a good one. I hope this front brings a lot of birds with it, this might be the only hunt I get this year. Good luck to everyone.

14. insanedrifter

insanedrifter New Member

State:
    missouri
    talked to a friend of mine that huntd near mound city,mo. this morning he and a buddyhad there four mallard's a piece in the first hour. Will try to draw at grand pass tommorrow and bob brown friday. Then headed down to truman lake for sat. sun. Good luck to all i think this is what we quackheads have been waiting for.

15. dcoynut

dcoynut New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It's been pretty spotty in southeast Kansas a cold front pushed alot of birds this way but I just couldn't get them to commit. I went out this morning and I didn't see near as many birds the place I was hunting was froze up, it was to late to change plans so I tried anyway with no luck....That's how it goes sometimes....