Any Drag racers here? fellow racer gone....

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Rollinunknown, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just wanna put this out there....

About 8days ago my best friend passed and im just now talkin about it ..

I sold him my drag car about 2 months ago 800hp car... it took me 3years over 30k in this car and i drove it 2 times and i knew after my accident i lived threw last year in my other race car i was done but i had to finish this car for my self pride.I sold it to him for 3500 bucks cash LOL thats less then the fuel system i had in the car...

His wife called to let me know he was in a very bad accdent and that they are saying his is brain dead .. i fell to the floor like a little kid and cryed ... we both knew this car was not ment for the street ..But thats what we do... He lost control of the car around 130-140mph on the bigend due to trying to miss someone who pulled out on front of them.The car had a full cage and saftey harness and he always wore a helmet ... My best friend lost his life to a 2500 dollar street race in Memphis TN(hot spot for big bucks).

4 of my friend have put the race gas down put the cars up for sale and are gonna pick up fishing poles just like me .... Its amazing how god works is all i can say :embarassed: i think im still in shock and im a little upset i didint get to say good bye but im sure ill see him someday and kick him in the ass for not tellin me he was going to Memphis to race.

RIP.... JJ.. 3/17/1980 10/10/2009

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    That sucks to hear . Sorry for your loss .

3. Brett Connery

Brett Connery New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Ya know, sometimes things just happen. Dont dwell on what you may consider your part. Been there done that, it aint gonna help.

4. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    This was the spot... again i know street racing is so stupid thats why i had to stop for my family...

This is were it all started for our crew ... out of state racing ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2I27bkxMOg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yIQKg3x4Ls <-- Here in sT Louis MO 12k Race 1k per person Winner takes all..

Very dangerous street .... The smell of race gas VHT and pure sick street cars will never be the same again :sad2:

Alotta people meet up on this street from GA/TX/MO/NY/OH ect.... big time race cars.. thats 3 people i know have lost there lives to drag racing in the last 5 years.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  5. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    sorry to here about your loss ,time wiil all your wounds you have ours prayers!

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I feel your loss,sorry to hear about that,I was into alot of street racing a few years ago in the Charlotte/Gastonia/Rock Hill/Columbia area,we traveled all over the NC/SC area racing,Competed in some high dollar stuff.Always went to Pigeon Forge,Tenn to the Street Machine Nationals and the Top Gun Street Machine Nationals in Atlanta.We raced on some really dangerous stretches of road in some palces.Its amazing more accidents didnt happen.My best friend and I were racing one night and his car broke a Front end piece and he ran off the road and totaled his car,he escaped uninjured but that pretty much was the beginning of the end of it for me.Once again sorry for your loss and our prayers go out to you and his family.

Here is a couple of pics from a Street Race that was put on by a local Drag Strip some years back,mine is the White 69 Z28 Camaro,it had a 386 ci Chevy small block,300 hp NOS fogger system,Powerglide and a whole bunch of other goodies.All on M&H Street Tires,man that car would launch and cut a 60' time.

Attached Files:

7. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I sent some prayers brother. My dad and I race but only at gateway. His car and I don't drive it but I worry about him alot. He is pretty responsible and old and keeps it at the track.

8. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have been there , i raced the track and the street. on sunday my daddy (i know but that was what he was) would ask who won ? i think he was glad i was home . my prayers to you .

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    sorry for your loss bro

10. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man, I also drag race (65 Fastback pro mod) and am very sorry to hear about your friend. I have friends that street race but I am very much against it because of what can happen. Hopefully his friends can learn something from this tragedy and stay on the track. Again, sorry to hear this and very sorry for your loss! Chris

11. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    Just wanna give you guys a very shocking update for me ...

Well things have calmed down a bit ... i get a call and its his wife.. Saying shes got something for me that JJ would want me to have ..

They got married 6 years ago and his wedding present was his dream car... We both were looking for this car for years .. the perfect one!

Well we found it in TX's .... (was both of our dream car) We made a bet who ever got it first the other one wouldn't but one..

Well anyways i said ok she says it should be there in about an hour but she couldn't be here but i would love it ...

So anyways a Flat bed pulls in to the driveway with my buddies 1987 Buick Grand National GNX 32,873 miles on it.It has won tons of trophy's and awards.It
    Never been touched by anyones hands besides his for repairs.... The tow truck driver had me sign for the car and unloads the car the title is signed and siting on the passenger seat..

I was in shock and called her and said theres no way i could take the car ... she bought it for him for a wedding gift. theres no way i can do this.

Her reply was i had to ... and the terms of the deal was i had to come pick her up here and there for a ride in it! LOL...

Anyways guys its been a crazy week ill get some pics up :cool2:

Just to give you ideal on what this car is worth ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buic...QQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2303825860#v4-37
    (this is not the car but the car is 100% the same)
    The one siting in my garage has a about 26,000 more miles but would sell for almost the same... not that i ever will but u guys get the ideal.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Somewhere around age 19 or 20 I realized how mortal I really was.

13. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    :eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

14. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Extremely sorry to hear about your loss. We race a blown and injected alcohol altered dragster. About 1500hp and 0-100 in around three seconds on sand. I often have thought about getting out but wanted to say sorry for your loss and only time can heal!

15. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri

Yeah i go out to the local sand drags...decent stuff out there...

Be safe!;.:smile2:

16. N8theGr8

N8theGr8 New Member

State:
    ofallon missour
    this is a crazy post man. i used to be into the whole street racing thing myself but i would just spectate at hall street and what not until i seen to many car/bike accidents. then a few months back me and my buddy witnessed a murder along with evryone else on broadway. shit aint fun anymore for real. i gotta a few cars myself. a notch back and an 85 ss monte. your buddy sounds like he was a true friend and that gnx is clean man keep your head up.