Any deer hunters out there?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by saros2500, Oct 13, 2009.

1. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Just wondering if anybody else has switched from cats to deer yet. I took my first doe of the year this past weekend and i'm patterning a great buck that should hopefull fall within a few weeks. Any archers out there? I know some of you guys do

2. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I am fixing to hit the woods next week . The rut should be fixing to turn on soon here . Got to go trout fishing this weekend so deer hunting has to wait till monday . Congrats on the doe .

3. bowman732000

bowman732000 Member

State:
    south park pa.
    the deer around here are not doing mutch at all yet ,just three small bucks so far.but good times are coming. good luck to you.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Don't know if i qualify as a deer hunter but i've killed several.:wink: Hadn't been able to hunt as much as i would like but it's just gettin cool enuff to hunt here. Seein lots of movement around the roads and seen fresh scrapes this weekend. If it ain't time to stick one, it ain't far away. Good luck everyone and don't forget your safty belt if ya hunt off the ground.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I would love to bag a deer.

Doesn't help living in the city either.

6. Me too Tan, my father never introduced me into hungting.:embarassed:

7. MikeV

MikeV New Member

State:
    pennslvania
    I'v been out six times so far,seen over 20 deer.Nice 9 pointer under my stand during special reg.doe season.Passed up a 8,7 and 4, 6 points.Shot a big doe last thursday.I was watching a 13 pointer grow all summer,i havnt seen him since mid august.I havnt had the perfect wind to get in his bedding area yet, i'm realy nervous i was shaking just watching him through the spotting scope hahaha good luck yall

8. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    i hear you man... i'm waitin til the stars (and wind) line up to sneak into this big boy's bedroom.

9. Deftik

Deftik New Member

State:
    Pa
    Eagerly awaiting rifle season. Been hunting every year for 9 years now.

10. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    I love venisen but hunting has never been my gig. While youre out deer hunting Ill be fishing:wink:

11. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome aboard Tom!:0a25:.

12. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Plenty of road kills on the Skukehill (sp) Expressway for ya there Tan. :wink:

Ray

13. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I have hunted ever since I was 12 (21 years), but I haven't got my liccence yet. I love archery season, but with 2 of my kids in diapers still it is hard to get the time. I am just going to wait till gun season starts up and then do some blasting. Now if I could do some hunting at night, I would have some time. But we all know that's not leagal.

14. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    used to hunt a good bit when I was younger. but now my hunting seems to be with the vehicles the last couple years. Last deer i got was just this past Sept. with the new truck. 1500 miles on the truck and bagged me a nice 10 point in the Nations Capital. :angry:

15. saros2500

saros2500 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    man that's a shame... i've been lucky enough to never hit a deer with my truck haha. archery season has been a blast. 2 doe so far and the bucks are goin crazy right now during the rut. passed a couple little ones so far.