Any Correctional Officers on the BOC??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mike81, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Wondering if any CO's on the BOC who could offer advice... I have been out of work for over a month. Thinking about becoming a CO in Alabama. Want something that will draw another retirement when I'm done...
    Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated...:big_smile:

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Whats ya want to know brother ive been in corrections for sometime.Not at the moment had to leave when i was diagnosed with heart disease but i miss it to much so im trying to get back in myself

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea, Zebo is. I think his name is Zeboman ?? My contact list aint coming up atm so I cant look....he does live in Penn.

I would Pm him, he isn't on as much lately but he comes around some. He's a good guy and I'm sure he can help you with no problem .

-Jim-

4. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mike, I think G.Gordon Liddy has an oppion about correctional officers.
    smokey

5. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    I was a georgia corrections officer for five years I stopped doing it because my family begged me too.But I miss it to this day it is a challenging field of work depending on the type of prison your are going to work at meaning the security level in ga the level goes to 6 which are prisoners who are the most dangerous mental health double triple homicides stuff like that but there is an increase with pay for higher security prisons.There is job security great benifits but be warned I have seen good people go into corrections with good intensions and seen them end up with a number of there own meaning it is easy to be lead in the wrong direction. good luck hope this helps be sure to check it out and talk it over with your family before doing anything:big_smile:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Mike I have sent you a PM on your question.