Any cincinnatians fish at these waters?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Ravensmavsfan, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    Winton woods, Triple creek, Miami White water Park, Lake isabella, or East fork state park, stonelick, little miami, great miami?

If you do how succesful are you at those waters?

2. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH

3. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have fished em all :)

Winton woods it great for bait, Triple creek is kinda iffy, I think it gets a lot more fishing and it's really small (but close). Lake isabella is stocked but costs to fish, even though it's a county park lake.

A couple of the members have pulled some nice big ones out of Miami Whitewater, but it takes a lot of patience.

Great Miami is pretty good, if you find the right spot, same with the little miami.

I call east fork the dead sea, although you can catch em there, I have just not had the pleasure :(

I like winton woods, the lowhead dam at Hamilton, public landing and fernbank park.

4. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    thanks for the info dademoss

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I fish the GMR very often, it's good in certain spots. I find the easy to get to spots have way too much pressure on them though.

6. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Miami Whitewater is a great lake.But you do have to spend time there.I have caught lots of 20+ lbers out of there.With my biggest at 60lbs.Spring time is very good as is night time during the summer.In the winter if there is no ice you can catch them right off the dock. They let you ice fish there once the rangers say it is thick enough.And i think that would be a blast to pull a big blue throw the ice. Good luck

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    does the hamilton county park district still have a ban on bank fishing? bout 6 years ago we found an unbeleivable hole on hcpd property. a ranger spotted us and we were told to leave and couldnt bank fish at all. after an extensive argument we were told that this was policy at all hcpd parks, you had to be in a boat....I COULD NOT BELEIVE WHAT I WAS HEARING! i called hcpd headquarters the following monday and they told me that there was too much of a liability risk due to loose gravel, sticks and such that one could trip or fall over. THIS IS NO B.S.! is this still in effect? if this isnt stopped this will spread.

8. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I guess the policy has been lifted because at winton woods its the other way around. they want you to fish on the cement bank and not the forested banks so they can keep track of all of the fisherman.

At some lakes like triple creek theres nothing but rocky and gravel banks and mabye a warf.

Issabella has no cement banks at all too.

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    keep track of the fisherman? boy o boy, big brother is invading our parks now. whats next personal fall arest harnesses in case we trip over a pebble? full body suits in case of a musquito bite? insurance lobbyists i'd bet are behind this. im sorry for getting off the subject but im just fed up with the METRO parks"s of this state, theyre taking public money and then not letting the public enjoy the parks.

10. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I'm a half panfisherman half catfisherman, that's why i fish triple creek it's full of bluegill and perch. Ussualy i get about 5-6 over 7 inch bluegills. And a couple channels under 5 pounds to take home. They stock flats and blues but i find channels are easier to get.