Any chess players here?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Bill in SC, May 6, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Intermediate or above?

Bill in SC

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I used to play some, back before the cells all died.

My wife an I home schooled our son, 4th grade through high school. Since I was the principal, I got to choose curriculum and Chess was on the list every semester. It was great for forcing him to concentrate and to use strategy to solve problems. He knows I have never thrown a match, so after about 6 weeks, when he won his first game, he knew he had earned it. Now, he wins 9 out of 10. Whenever he starts thinking he is better than he actually is, I take him to a local Barnes & Noble bookstore, where there is always some snot nosed kid who can beat anyone within minutes. LOL

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We'll have to play a game sometime. I use "itsyourturn.com" for my free site to play. You are limited to a certain amout of moves per day unless you are a contributing member, which I'm not. I'm just getting back into it.

Bill in SC

4. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I used to play quite a bit but it's been years. I was never really good but I did enjoy it.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I use to play there a lot with a friend of mine. I aint real good but I enjoy playing. The wife and I use to play but we just stopped for no good reason.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im not the greatest Chess player but im pretty darn good.. I have two chess sets here at the house but not many know how to play so I just got them packed up.. I like knights, wizards and dragons alot too and i saw a chess board that was dragons vs Knights and thought it was awsome, but i dont have anyone to play against... But its set up is really cool

Attached Files:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Here is the set my son & I use. It's made from Olive trees & the chairs are covered in Angus leather. I stained & finished it myself.

Attached Files:

8. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I played a lot when I was in the navy and I was good, but I have come to realize the brain is not a sharp as it once was,, so I dont call myself that anymore,:eek:oooh:, but would love to get in on games from time to time..:big_smile:
    Puddle