any cheap way to make good rod rack

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bowhunter145, Dec 15, 2008.

1. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    been to busy deer hunting got to get new boat ready got everything i want but rod rack

2. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    what kind of boat? where are you wanting the rod holders? do you have the rod holders but want the rack or need both? There is some really good suggestions for great, cheap, home made rod holders out of PVC in the library, i'll see if I can dig it up.

3. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    iv got a 2001 lund mr. pike 17 wanting to put it on the back got a idea but just wanted a few others need everything for it got rod holder but mounted on boat want to keep them there and wont be n way of rod rack

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I used the rail system holders in the rails. I then mounted plates to them and bolted on a 2x4 and mounted rod racks to that. Can't send any pictures at this time. PM me your phone # and I will call you if you want. A little easier to explain maybe. I have a 2005 Lund.

5. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    ok ill get it to ya probly this weekend at hospital with new baby:roll_eyes:

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Im not sure what you call cheap, but i just found some scrap aluminum and a friend that welds, and he took the measurements for me and did it for 80 bucks..That included the aluminum and the welding..I didnt think 80 bucks was bad at all....Its basically just got a base plate, 3 inch legs, and a peice of aluminum going all the way across the boat. I will try to post a pic of it.

7. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    ok thats about the same thing my buddy did goin to do that probly with mine just want to get some different ideas but try to get that picture and ill check it out

8. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    thats about what my buddy had done but with the scotty pole holders i like ur rack would work great

9. bowhunter145

bowhunter145 New Member

State:
    indiana
    if it flys it dies if its red its dead if its brown its down