Any Catfishing Athletes? LOL

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wondering if there are any athletes out there from your school days etc. I played basketball, and ran track. I hold a couple school records last I knew. Basketball, I scored 15 points in one quarter, and track. I broke the long jump record back in 1997 that was 27 or 28 years old by almost 2 ft. Anyone else on here have a sports background other than catfishing ??? I love Sports, especially the competitive ones! I think high school sports gave me a drive for tournament fishing to be honest! :wink: rollo

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nah.i played back yard football and basketball.i tried out for football once,didn't like the pads........sometimes i look back and wonder though if i might be doing something different right like playing football if i would have just went ahead and played.my marine corps days,i was just as big and could run like some of those guys.now,lmao,i look like a few of them after a few years of retirement.put it this way,my wife calls me her "homer"

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not me, I was a fat a$$ in school, and remain a fat a$$ to this day:smile2:

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, don't feel bad.. I was always a skinny bastard. I graduated at 142... Now, Im home all winter watching kids and getting older, AND I eat more..LOL.. I may break 190 before I get back to work. I honestly don't feel well.... . rollo

5. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    lmao,well your pictures are doing you justice,you sure don't look like it.well,most of your pictures are from the waist up..........:eek:oooh:

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    don't feel bad,rollo.I was 5'9 in school.when i graduated,i was about 145.after boot camp,i shot up to 195.I was a mechanic until about 2 years ago,i took a management position,now,i am getting bigger and lazier.i feel like you though,i don't feel well myself.i was walking with my dog every morning til the cold hit,i need to start it back up,worst part is,there is a bowflex in great condition right behind me that is waiting for me to make use of it instead of being a clothes line.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    BTW...If you keep staying up like this Jack, I will convert you to nighttime flathead fishing including livebaits:wink: rollo

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

I work last shift now, I cant sleep during the night...If this continues I may not catch many fish next year.

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Back in HS I played soccer and was all league 1st team and all Greater Dayton 1st Team ( Goalkeeper) and at the same time was heavy into bicycle racing ( long before Lance made it cool) with that was ranked 10th nationaly and was like state champion over 20 times in several different events over about 7 years. Also was State champion 1 year for X-C skiing in the 10k event. Now I have lard ass setting in......:crazy: Its no wonder I have a strong competition vibe going on,

Salmonid

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Football in high school. Soccer in the Army, and got into softball in the mid 90's. Now, I'm not into much and it shows.

11. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    HIGH SCHOOL WAS FORTY SOME YEARS AGO.
    THE FIRST SPORT WAS CHASING WOMEN.
    NOT TO GOOD AT THAT ONE.
    THEN THERE WAS FOOTBALL.
    DID GOOD IN THAT ONE.
    THOSE DAYS I WAS 5-11 TALL AND WEIGHED 225.
    THAT MAYBE WHY THEY CALLED ME MOOSE.
    THAT GAME WAS FUN BECAUSE IT WAS LEGAL TO HURT THE
    OTHER PLAYERS, AND NOT GET SUED.
    :smile2::smile2::crazy::crazy:

12. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Oh yea in collage i done the beer run and 12 oz curls. :smile2:

13. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio

14. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio

15. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    Oh yea in collage i did the beer run and the 12 oz curl. :smile2:

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I tried football when I was in JR highschool and got knocked flat out (mainly since I was slow). Played free safety and I tried to tackle the RB the wrong way (since the coach didnt teach me the right way) and I was knocked out and never put in again LOL.

After that I wasnt real sports minded I was about 5'11" and 195 when I graduated and came out of bootcamp 6'2" and 165:crazy: but that didnt last long I gained it all back and then some:smile2:

17. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I was a wrestler in high school and lost 2 matches junior year and was undefeated senior year till an injury ended my year just before state finals.

18. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Is going to the principal office a sport.An being the class clown Count
    as a sport If so I would win both.Rollo You were one heck of a basketball player.

19. Sharpy22

Sharpy22 New Member

State:
    ohio
    lets see my jr. year playing hs football we were 1 game away from Div.4 state championship it was pretty cool deal comming rom a small town and going that far favorite part playing at Fawcett Stadium where the pros play thehall of fame game trully an amazing feeling. Then also my jr. year i placed 2nd in my wht class during our annual weight lifting meet wt class was 195 to 220 and lucky me i was 195 pb 250 on the bench and 450 on squat not bad at 16 and placed 3rd in a deadlift meet w/450 needless to say i was a gym rat in school lol. dont go for power and size anymore the kids help with the fat burning off lol :smile2:

20. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I played basketball all through high school. Wasnt a starter but did lead the team in technical fouls. lol