ANY CATFISH IN THESE AREAS

Discussion in 'CANADIAN CATFISH' started by glen the brumsta, Jul 5, 2009.

1. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    Hi i have two brothers in vancouver area, mappleridge, and chillewak, i,ve visited them a few times, and fished for salmon ,trout, and sturgen, i,m just wondering are there any cats in these areas, i,ve asked around when i,ve been there and did not get any info on cats, only one guy said he thought there were cats (channels)in a creek near chiliwak any one help.

2. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Hi Glen. I'm not from those places but I searched and searched on the net last night and couldn't come up with any info or reports of catfishing to be had around those areas. The sturgeon fishing looks like a blast though!!! If you want some channel cats you and your bros should check out the Red river here in manitoba!! Sorry I couldn't find any cats out in BC though.

3. glen the brumsta

glen the brumsta New Member

State:
    birmingham , england
    Hi shane

yeah sturgen fishing is out of this world, we had them last year to 286lb, my nephew had a 240lber ,that pulled him across the boat on his knees, he,s only ten. LOL. thanks for looking for me every one i spoke to were salmon or sea trout etc crazy, i don,t think they were keen on sturgen, i,m sure theres some cats in the area, a park in Abbotsford has surposed to have them i saw it in fly fishing canada book, i did try it last year but just caught bass and trout.

AGAIN CHEERS ANYWAY

yeah i,ll put red river on list, it does look good :big_smile: i wish i cud win lotto