any catfish in Lake Arcadia?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cat_daddy1, May 13, 2009.

1. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've catfished Lake Arcadia in Oklahoma almost a dozen times with no success. I've bank fished several spots, fished some underwater humps, holes, and drift fished. I don't have the time to go to the bigger lakes out of town so I'm forced to stay close to Oklahoma City most the time. I've been told it is a decent catfish lake. Any suggestions would be apretiated.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think its one of the better lakes I've fished recently for catfish. The majority of the cats seems to be blues, with channels running a close second. I'm sure there are some flatheads in the lake, but never caught one. You have to drift the lake in several spots. I have mostly found them in water 12 to 15 foot in depth, but at other times they seem to prefer the 20 to 30 foot water. You have to hunt for them, and where they are at today is not necessarily where they will be tomorrow. I've used cut bait (shad), shrimp, and minnows. I thread the minnows on a large hook like a worm, makes it harder to get off. I think I have hooked into one or two submarines as I couldn't turn them, and I'll be danged if I am gonna fish with 100 pound power pro. Actually, I don't use over 14 pound test as it is not a matter of catching for the table as it is to simply love fishing. I may loose a few big ones, but I can brag about the one that caught away just as much, if not more, than the 20. 30. 40 or bigger fish.

3. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess I've just had badluck there. I have been using fresh shed and frozen skipjack as bait and driting in 10 to 30 feet also that main point with no luck. I guess thats why its called fishing and not catching tho thanks

4. hog223

hog223 New Member

State:
    southern logan county ok
    people i know do quite well on channel & blues at arcadia. they only fish after a rain at the north west side of the lake. there is a creek which runs under I-35 & into the lake & after a rain they'll drive on the service road by life church & see if the water is flowing & if it is they fish where it runs into the lake. it's by the swimming beach area off rout 66. they only do good when there is water run off. they catch shad at the swim area for bait. good luck.

5. cat_daddy1

cat_daddy1 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thanks for the info I will give that a shot

6. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I have had luck fishing by the bridge off of 122nd. Its just east of the Loves. You have to park and walk a little ways but its not a bad spot. Using cut bait last November I got a stringer of about 4lb channels. I usually fish the east side of river. Oh yeah its the same river that flows into Arcadia.

7. MarshHole

MarshHole New Member

Name:
    Marshall Ewald
    10880_1498399317662.jpeg I caught this little guy and a bigger catfish at the southern end of the lake just this last Sunday.
    I was fishing with jello hot dogs.
    They work great, and never come off while I am casting.

Catpaw likes this.
  8. twaskom

twaskom Well-Known Member

State:
    Indiana
    Name:
    Tom
    Hi Marshall and welcome to the USCA forum. I noticed this was your first post and we always enjoy seeing a picture of catfish. I don't know if you noticed that the last post on that thread was in 2009. That really doesn't matter a lot since there may be some in t cathat area that were wondering about Lake Arcadia.

tight lines and pretty channel