Any catfish below the Lake Allatoona Dam

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by g-man, Oct 11, 2006.

1. g-man

g-man New Member

State:
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    Would greatly appreciate any information on fishing below the Lake Allatoona Dam and the spillway(submerged Dam) aproximated 2-3 miles down river. Looks like there should be fish in this water......however, I realize no fish can move up river towards the dam because of that submerged dam.

Thanks for any replies. I'm new here on posting but have looked in occassionaly.

HD

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Ok I tried to check it out all the way up to the spillway above the park. The engineers were called up to check us out and we were told that one can not go past a certain point there.

Down river there have been reports of Flatheads but none were very large that I've heard of.

Opinion: The Blues should/may run up to the spillway there pre-spawn.

The spawning Strippers go up the other branch off the Coosa to spawn. Maybe just below Charters Lake. I have talked to people who have seen 20 plus lb Bass taken there and have not heard but maybe the Blues would run there.

Now there is a reported RR Bridge near Rome that I've heard some good of.

Wish I could help more but I'm too am wanting to learn how to get some big cats out of this area.

3. g-man

g-man New Member

State:
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    BaitKiller....I see your bio says your from Akron OH......but it sounds as if you now live in the Atlanta area. Welsome to the South!! Appreciate your reply on the Etowah river.

HD

4. whisker bend

whisker bend New Member

State:
    georgia
    Ive Heard The Fishing Is Good Close To The Dam In Thespring. Farther Down From Ther The Coosa River Starts That Is The Place To Fish . I Have Boated Three Flats Over 40 In The Last Week.

5. g-man

g-man New Member

State:
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    ....Appreciate the advice on the Coosa. I keep hearing about the Coosa & Etowah down around Rome. When I get a boat again, this sounds like a good area to fish.

Any bank fishing on the Coosa that is fairly easy to access?

6. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Your looking for cats, Id also reccomend coosa. However theres some nice areas with big holes on the etowah around cartersville such as "frogs hollow" these places hold cats. There are several spillways along the river... these are where I do my striper fishing in the summer, never had much luck with cats tho

7. whisker bend

whisker bend New Member

State:
    georgia
    bank fishing is about useless. very soon when the water temp drops in late november the big big big blues will be in shallow water 3 to 5 foot fish creeks and islands the fishing can be really really really good. good luck.

8. g-man

g-man New Member

State:
    Kennesaw, Georgia
    ...appreciate the advice.

g-man