Any California brothers interested in a Northern California gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, May 12, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Trying to guage to see if there is any interest in any get togethers. We have the Mendota gathering, but not a lot of interest this year for some reason:confused2: Post your thoughts here............

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I would love a northern cali one but with the basic places i know being under water still and other stuff going on and now the new store i aint even got time to try to put one toghter :( but if there was one up in my area id sure go if it fell on a day i can get away.

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Tell me about it Mutt the San Jauquin river is at least 20-30 feet higher then it was this time last week.

THe Medota sleugh should be fine they can control that are that the gathering will be at and there should be ALOT of fish out there i'm betting maybe some record fish this year too

4. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Don't know about going all the way down to Mendota, but if there were a gathering closer to home, up around here in N. Cali I'd be real interested in going. There are some real monsters around the dam in Lake Shasta from what I've been told.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    It's all about timing for me, with this job of minds - I was lucky enough to have the time to make the "Colorado River Gathering" this year & the "Mendota Gathering" the year before that, and at both of them - I had the time of my life. :big_smile:

With a Nor. Cal. Gathering, I will be able to make that time. So I would love to have a Gathering in my own back yard (Ca. Delta).

:cross: :0a32: :cross: :0a32: :cross: :0a32:
    :0a23:
    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Allen....shasta is BEAUTIFUL!!! My sister lives there in Redding. You live up that way?

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You got some spots too:wink: You have any ideas:confused2: Resovoir, River, Canals???? You got them Stockton and Lodi spots. There is Rio Vista Area. So many places so little time:sad2:

8. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    id like to hook up with Phil and Bert and find some good areas to fish. So tired of the lousy places that I know of for cats. I also wish I had a bit more free time now too lol.

9. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    I am from redding myself. Jones valley is another good spot for cats, But shasta lake is so big unless you are with someone who is already keyed in on the cat spots it can be a little difficult, but you can pull out some nice channels and some sturgeon, the bass bite has been hot and there is also a good trout pop if you can get on them this time of year.

10. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    i have heard that clear lake has a good cat bite and some biguns too. I heard you dont really want to eat those cats though. My old man told me that on more than one occasion while fishing for bass with nightcrawlers carolina rigged he has caught quite a few 10 plus punders right off the bank.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yes Cliff Clear lakes does have good channels. They are having a derby later this week. Shoul dbe a good one.

12. crazychuy

crazychuy New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I heard the Channels in there are really huge.

CHUY

13. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    I am always up for a gathering in the area if Im not working unfortunately,There not many days off lately.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    There was also talk last year at the mendota gathering on Amador, New Malones, and clear lake. SL Res is another option. There is plenty of room at the rivers too:big_smile:

15. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    New Malones would be a awesome spot to have a gathering.

16. calicatman

calicatman New Member

State:
    California
    What`s up my Brotha`s? it`s been awhile since I`ve been on the site .I`ve been so busy with performing alot of gigs with my band(SLED). So is there any final date that has been set for a NOR-CAL Gathering.I would like to attend soon before I or my band sign up with major record label ."YEAH!" we are that good.But enough about that where are some good hot zones at?, I still have catfish fever and I need to start the cat hunt again?:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

17. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Yup. I live in Orland, right off the I-5 where it crosses HWY-32, about an hour south of Redding. I was born in Redding as a matter of fact. Moved to central Cali when I was 12, and just moved back to this neck of the woods about a year ago and couldn't be happier to be back! :big_smile:

18. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Went out last night with my new girlfriend and her son, her boy caught a 15" stiper within minutes, couple hours later my girl caught about a 6 pound channel cat that was great. OH the fish had 2 other hooks in its mouth that had broken off from other fishermen:big_smile: but she got him.

Met Loyd out there What a great guy it was a pleaaure to meet you Sir.

There still out there if anyones going out I'm going to try to track them this evening again when I get donw with work.

Robb made some of his great carna asada's Mmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmm:tounge_out:they had a few nice cats and were catching some bluegill nice pan sizers.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Way To Go Vini"! :big_smile:

If you can - take some photos of the trip (You take some good photos).
    :0a23:

Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

20. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I did'nt get many shots last evening and does'nt look like i'm going to make it out tonight darnit girlfriend wants me to meet some of her family( the price we pay):confused2:

Dont have her permision to post her face but here she is with her big ol catfish

The double hooked fish she caught

and the sunset last evening

Attached Files: