Any brothers or sisters have an Ethernet connection?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Jul 7, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Wowee! We just switched from that Verizon wireless broadband to that Comcast ethernet an What a difference!!! Super mega fast and almost NO wait time to load anything! I highly reccomend that ethernet to anyone! Dial-up users might wanna consider this. Almost as cheap as your normal phone bill but this is through your cable box connection. Just thought I'd share that. :smile2::smile2::smile2::wink::cool2:

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jay thats what I have but I have it hooked up to a wireless router and havnt seen any speed difference. I have 500 down and 300 up which is pleanty for me and my family. I also have cable and phone with the same hook up and my bill is about 10-20 less then what it would be separate but the one bill.

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey, Jay... that's cool - and it's good to "read" ya :smile2:
    Cable's not available out here, so we went from dial-up to WildBlue satellite and sure appreciate the benefits! Dumped our land-lines completely because the equipment failures seemed endless, so now we're just on cell phones and dsl. This is a bit of technology for which we're really thankful, that's for sure!

How's the little one comin along? Got any pictures?? :big_smile:

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's great ain't it? When we switched to broadband, it made me wonder what took us so long. No more waiting for anything. It used to make me mad that I had to wait like 15-20 minutes to watch a 20 second video clip, so I just didn't watch them. That may be why i'm always posting videos now...because I can watch them.:big_smile:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We been on cable internet for almost 6 years but last fall switched to a cable phone. It's much less than we were paying for the Sage landline and it comes with free long distance and all the other goodies.

Now we have digital cable, internet and phone all on one bill.

Our internet speed looks about like this most of the time using a wireless router.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Been a cable user myself for prolly 4 years. We don't even have a landline anymore either. 5 cell phones between the 3 of us is enough. :smile2: The landline was just a neusense because only telemarketers called on it. I like the look on peoples faces when they ask for my home phone number and I say I don't have one. :eek:oooh:

7. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Wow, Dayton :tounge_out: I'm on an old dino of a pc at the moment, so my son can use mine. Anyhow, this one's connected wireless to the router and it tested at 1,032 dl and 111 ul. Can't even imagine how speedy yours must be... very cool!

lol... yup! I love bein phone-less :smile2: We each have a cell on us at all times so even if somebody forgets to charge theirs, figure we got it covered. Nice to know when ya live out in the boon docks!

8. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    We've had the Comcast for several years, and you're right, the difference has to be seen to be believed. This year, we finally got around to setting up a wireless LAN for the house.

9. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Broadband rocks I'm clocking around 5100/490 kps. Not much wait time on downloads. I get a pretty good deal. Free! Free cable also. I'm an employee.