Any bowlers in the house??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by KansasKatter, Oct 12, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Do any of you guys or gals bowl, either competative or recreational? I bowl in a few leagues, it is a good way to pass the time in the winter while waiting for the fishing to pick back up. Being as competative as I am, I can't just take it casual, but it is a good time!! Made a lot of friends, and a couple of enemys through bowling! :wink:

2. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    the wife kid and i usually go about once a month and bowl a couple of games just for fun.usually when were bored just somthing to do as a family and kill some time.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yes I Do bowl on a league .I bowl on a 4 man team on Thurs night in Vandalia,Mo .That is the only night that I bowl. Once in awhile I'll go up there and bowl in thier 9 pin tournment they have on Sat . night. Next mo one of my team mates and I are going to be bowling doubles and singles up at Moberly,Mo. in the seniors tournment. Should be interesting since I've never been in the Moberly bowling alley. By the way what kind of Average do you carry. Myself i usually carry around a 189.So far this year I'm a little down from that but I'll be there by the end of the season hopefully.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    This is my 5th season of bowling, never picked up a ball before then. My book average from last year is 196, down from the year before 199. This year after 7 weeks I am holding at 207. It would be a lot higher, but the first week my thumb was infected from running a fish hook through it, and I set a whopping 146 average for the first week, without my thumb!

I caught some "sandbagging hell" for the next few weeks! :crazy:

5. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I do my fair share of bowling but Im probably no better now then when I started

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I go every once and awhile and always have a good time.

7. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I haven't bowled in yrs, but I did enjoy it when I bowled.

I got started in it several years ago when I got a job with a fella that puts in bowling lanes. That's some of the hardest carpentry work there is.

It's hard to imagine how precise the lanes have to be as far as level. The mechanics of the pin decks to get the pins to do what they're supposed to do when the ball hits them is a science in itself. Even the gutter area of the pin decks has measurements to .001 of an inch to get the pins to fly or not.

8. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I bowl in youth league still...been bowling almost all my life. Ended last year w/ either 212 or 213 average. Down a little from the year before...bowling and fishing are my 2 favorite things to do(not necessarily in that order:lol:) ...you're really good for bowling 5 seasons Katter

9. OHFishmanB

OHFishmanB New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have bowled for the last 6 years, but I retired this year. The sport is getting too rough for my 21 year old body. Last year I held a 219 average but I'm not bowling this year because of time and money....

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Used to but it tore my wrists up. About 7 years ago I was in 4 leagues a week. Used to average 206, still got my Peal Messanger, my favoriate ball. Still go every now and then, but not as often.

11. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I use to bowl 3-5 leagues every winter and 1-2 leagues in the summer until my shoulder started giving out. I usually carried about a 193 average and I never made a 300 game but I rolled a couple of 800 series.

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    That is VERY respectable, bowling multiple 800s. I have 1 300, and the ring that goes with it, but still have not managed an 800 series. Closest I have come is a 779. Hopefully someday I will get there.

13. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i bowl like once a week, not very good though

14. boozer

boozer New Member

State:
    kansas
    not me but ill take you on in pool

15. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Thanks Jeff

I always liked extreme oil conditions with lots of pull down usually gave me the upper hand.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I'd take that challenge if I was KS, Mike. It's been a while, you and Jason could probably both kick my be-hind. I'd at least give ya a run for your money, though. I do love bowling too, and it's been even LONGER since I did that. I might have to get myself on down to Hickory's premier (meaning one and only :lol:) bowling alley and see what I can remember. At one point I wasn't too bad, for a GIRL :big_smile:.

17. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I have not rolled a ball in a couple of years but I would be willing to do some bowling on a weekend with you. My wife averages 200 and some change at countryside. I averaged 213 at rose west and 195 at seneca (I HATE THAT PLACE) about 2 years ago.
    I have one request. Dont tell all my fishin buddies how bad you beat me.

Cody