Any Bowfisherman in the group?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by Desperado, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I live in Ohio and wonder if there is any bowfisherman in the group?

2. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    what group r u talking about???

3. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Right on
    Bowfishin is a blast, i always do it from the bank or just walk in the water, but would love to try it from a boat.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    The group I'm talking about is the members of the BOC.

I love bowfishing. I have done it from the bank and walk in the water. But bowfishing from a boat is awesome!!! Give it a try or if your over this way we will go out.;)

5. etipriga

etipriga New Member

State:
    TX
    lol i thought u were talking about one of those groups that you can find under everyones profile. Yeah i love to bowfish, most of the time i go from the bank but theres been a few times that ive been on a boat. Personally i like to get the gig out and get em with that but when walking the bank the bow seems to work out a lot better.:)

6. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    we do lots o bowfishin in oklahoma. mostly carp and gar. lots of fun.:thumbsup:

7. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Dang, don't know how I missed this earlier. I'm getting my gear ready, just need to get a new reel. My old Shakespeare kinda came apart on me, after 3-4 years of use.
    Will

8. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Desperado

You are only 3 hours from me. I have been out that way a few times, twice I went to World Harvest Church out there and last year went to the sportmans show. Buckeye lake looks like a good place:cool:

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Buckeye lake has some nice carp in it. But Alum Creek and Hoover res. has bigger fish in them.

CoonX check out the new Muzzy spincast reel, I hear it is a very hot item this year. I use a retriever from AMS with the slide system on the arrows on PSE Kingfisher #50 recurve.

10. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    lol Already checked it out, and I can't tell a difference between it and the Shakespeare.
    Right now I'm using an old Indian bow, but might set up an old 'glass recurve for it this year.
    Will

11. cat daddy 791

cat daddy 791 New Member

State:
    Kansas- Wichita
    I Am A Bow Fisherman Too. Don't Got As Much As I Did When I Was Younger. I Use A Bear Whitetail Hunter 2 Compound Bow. With A Zebco 888 Reel And 40 Lb. Trilene Big Game. The Biggest Fish I Shot Was A Gar That Was Just Short Of 5 Ft. Long. My Biggest Carp Was 31 Lbs. That Was A Fun One.

12. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm glad to see other bowfisherman here. Some of you that didn't know, I'm the Bowfishing Assn. of America's State Rep. for Ohio. Are there any others and what equipment do you use? Any one near central ohio that bowfish?

13. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I am from southwest michigan and I have went bowfishing a couple of times.:worship: My dad just boat a 20ft. tracker just for bowfishing. :0a22: Me and my dad are looking to go bowfishing in Ohio far gar on the Ohio river. We will be in Butler county staying at our friends house. Is any body close? were hoping to maybe hook up with a local the first couple of times to figure out the situation.
    :0a21:

14. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, I love to bowfish, but didn't get to do it last year because of the drought we were experiencing. :sad:
    I think things will be ok this year though! :)

Eric

15. chesapeakecarper

chesapeakecarper New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I don't bowfish but my young son is heavily into archery, got neighbors and friends that do it and my brother in law used to bow carp up around Baltimore Chesapeake tidal rivers before moving to upstate New York...so its in the bloodline. In my early carpin' days there used to be bow tournies on Back River and the fish donated before the pollution got so bad and the Advisories went up...I recall watching the boats blow by from the headwaters pursuing spawning lunkers. The boy is getting me aquainted with the bow...not a bad trick for this old dog. Think some of us cross paths on other Forums, eh? CoonX/Will, got your PM. Howdy!

16. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Clarence, I bowfish from time to time. Usually in the spring when the Ohio backs up into the feeder creeks. I use the same bow that I deer hunt with, a hoyt razortec. I use the same poundage also, 55lb. I have it rigged with a muzzy roller rest and a bear economy spool. I use the cheapest arrows that I can find and use a slide system on them, that I make out of old bus cables. Vern

17. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I bowfish the Ohio river quite abit. Where are you located from Ironton, Ohio area? Maybe we could get together and stick a few pigs!!