Any bow suggestions?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 12, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ok well my pse polaris is on its last legs and im looking for a new bow...im kinda eyein this martin tracer at dick's but im not sure yet...anybody got any suggestions???

2. fishhunter

fishhunter New Member

State:
    lagrange,mo
    have u shot a matthews? i would really reccomend shotting one before u decide. i've shot them for the last 8 years and thats all i'll shoot. got two p&y whitetail last year. they are very accurate with lots of speed

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that martin would make you a great bow. they fairly inexpensive compared to mathews, bowtech, and etc. they hold up well and shoot great. also have a warranty. i had a martin jaguar once and had to part with it due to money troubles. i would sure like to have it back. it shoot great. the best shooting bow(for me) i have shoot. so, i would say that would be a great choice.

4. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    brother i've shot a matthews and i LOVE them things. if i had the money to throw down i would in a heartbeat but right now the martin is kinda more in my price range

5. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Check out the Pearson Venom

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    oh man i like the venom but i dont know anywhere that would have it .....i'll keep and eye open for it....but man at $249 i dont think i can beat that martin

7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Bowtech...if thats a bit pricey look at a Diamond bowtech makes them. They are great bows.

8. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I would check out several brands and what you want in a bow. Don't worry about what everyone has, just get what you want and fits you.

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont worry lol i wont let anybody talk me into buying something i dont like...i just wanna know if they can give me a few suggestions as to what they like....im not all that different from the people on here

10. dbowers

dbowers New Member

State:
    Mantua, NJ
    No truer words spoken..If you can go out and shoot as many as you can. Only you can tell which one is better for you. A "good" pro-shop will be able to help you out and make sure your fitted properly.
    Fit is everything 99% of bow companies are neck-n-neck with technology..meaning the bow is gonna shoot better then you can shoot it.

So go out there..shoot a bunch of bow..narrow it down to a few..then start narrowing it down turther till you find the one thats for you.

11. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    i got a HOYT ultramag i love it..(but they stopped making these)
    but i do like them hoyt trykons them are some sharp bows!!

but i would definately go to a pro shop...

they should help u get set up real good

Jeff

12. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    I personally shoot a high end Parker bow but there's so many kinds out there now that I'd recommend you go shoot some of the bows first before purchasing. Any reputatable archery shop will set you up a few bows and let you shoot 'em. You might also want to check out archerytalk.com There is a forum that sells used bows but there is alot of talk and reviews on all of the brands of bows too.

13. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I shoot a Hoyt, I've try the others but they don't fit me. Thats the end result shoot what fits and works for you.

14. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    I would suggest going to a local pro shop and not Dicks or some other big chain store.

It has been my personal experience that most, not all but most of the people working in places like that do have the knowledge to set a bow up correctly to fit the person.

A local proshop can get the high end bows and the more afordable ones to.

15. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Check out the matthews first, but depending on your budget and how much you want to spend, the next best thing is the diamond line, my opinion. They are manufactured by Bowtech, so you get the same quality. I own the Rapture edition. Great bow, light, 80% let off. I really enjoy shooting this bow. It wa a great trade off from my PSE.

16. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I Shoot A Bowlogic Made By Kodiak Outdoors, I love It, Very Fast & super Quiet. Check Them out On The Net. The Sighting System They Use Is Terrific. HTH, Elliot

17. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    The best bow is the bow that fists you! But I would suggest looking at high country bows. Some of them have military grade carbon risers. Which makes them extremely light weight and the riser doesnt get as cold as aluminuim risers. They are realatively inexpensive. I would also recemend to find a close reliable dealer that sells bows and look and see what he has. Because you dont want to have to go on a really far drive just to go get you bow tunes.:big_smile:

18. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i also agree with kat buster. high country also makes a inexpensive, great shooting bow with a warranty. you can usually find a bow from any company that will fit you well. to me, it is just the price. i can't afford a mathews or bowtech.

19. gberan

gberan New Member

State:
    Deville louisiana
    Bow hunting is a tailor made sport. It matters not what the price is as much as how the bow is fit to you. I shoot a Black Bear made by Bear, I bought it at wally world for $99. Took it to a pro shop, had the draw weight set for me as well as the draw length, got me a good sight and release, and I have killed just as many deer as my son who spent over $600 for his rig. Get whats confortable for you in your price range, but get it setup to fit you.

20. kramer

kramer New Member

State:
    il
    Have you thought abought a longbow or recurve.