Any body read this in the paper Sunday?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by smhmc6, Jun 29, 2009.

1. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Came across this article in the paper. Don't really care too much for all them other fish, but thought it was a cool idea especially with you're dad (expensive one though:crazy:). Wouldn't it be cool to take a trip and catch all 3 major species of catfish in all 50 states (or the ones that are native to that state)? Wouldn't even have to be in 50 days, heck I'd love to take a whole summer off and do it. Pretty expensive though, maybe in 40 years when I retire, haha:smile2:.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/outdoors/story/870780.html

2. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Wow. That is an awesome adventure. I'd sure like to do that with my dad or my wife (or both). I think most of us have special memories of fishing with a parent, a child, a sibling, or a close friend. This is incredibly different, though. Those are memories both of them will carry with them the rest of their lives.

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    That is awesome. Id love to try to do that someday. :big_smile:

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    great post, i dont know if id try 50 states in 50 days id do it over the span of spring and summer to do it, i like to have some R&R at every state and some cold ones :wink:

5. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Too much driving and not enough fishing for me!:wink: Woah and the price for all the licenses:eek:oooh:

6. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :crazy: i saw that its a good artical. that looks like alot of fun. im doing something close to that spring break except its only 5 states in 9 days :smile2::smile2:

7. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sounds like a blast, but I couldn't imagine all the money....gas+licenses+finding holes that have fish in them in every state? That'd be time consuming but great bonding experience.