any body know if fish traps are legal here

Discussion in 'LOCAL UTAH TALK' started by montgomery#1, Jan 7, 2008.

1. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    does any body know if it is illegal to use fish traps to catch chubs and such for bait. if any one knows id like to know.

2. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    hey zeb, check the proclamation i'll do the same.. as far as i know, you cant transport live fish and i dont think you should use fish from one water in another. thats how chubs got into some of the waters they really shouldnt be in .. there is also the possibility of speading disease and other such pests. i think it is ok to use them at some waters though but i think you should check first. where do normally fish?

3. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    i should have been a little more cleare i was meaning catching them and using them in the same body of water. so there isnt a chance to spread disease and them nasty little chubs. thanks for the reply.

4. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    that should be ok let me know how you do

5. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    i was thumbing through the proclamation today and in the taking of non game fish section it says that you can use archery rod and reel or traps.
    so i am going to build carp and chub traps so i dont have to fight with them 10 or 15# carp on my ultra light ugly stick with 6# test. and risk being broken off in the weeds at the pond i fish at.

6. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    what pond do you fish?

7. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    i fish meadow creek and man do i catch some nice cats. i average 3-7# cats every time i go and have a good time. let me know if you want to go some time bring some hotdogs though they love em.lol. i know right where to go to right next to the weeds. this spring we'll have to go there but you gotta be there before 5:00am or you wont catch many bigguns. yak at ya later.thanks for your time.:cool2:

8. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    thanks buddy let's do it sometime.. that pond iced over now?

9. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    i didnt know that it iced over. i thought that it didnt ice up at meadow creek. it probably isnt very safe though the dwr sais that it has to be over 4" thick to be safe. if you want to we could go to holmes creek. me and my mom limited out using ratfinkee's tipped with a wax worm. if you want we can go next weekend and give it a try. talk to ya later thanks by.

10. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    WHERE IS IT ? NEVER BEEN THERE..

11. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    its over by rocky mountain jr high turn left and go down three streets and turn left again and ur their.