Any body gonna be on Lake Marion tomorow

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by sarSWAMPFOX, Sep 20, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I'll be at Poplar Creek tomorow on a delivery run. I was just curious if anyone would be fishing down there. Might get to see ya.

2. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    I be fishin' but you won't see me unless you're making a midnight run.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Not gonna be up that way, but if you don't mind, take a look at the ramp conditions and give us some feedback. Thanks.

4. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Will do , Tommy.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Gonna be on 12 mile river myself for a all nighter. Got that 20lb'er last week now I'm lookin for his mamma : )

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will be there but no where near popular creek. I am putting in at the canal to catch bait for tourney this weekend. I will be there until sunday after the weigh-in.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Fished up that way early in the week and it is very low........had to use the side ramp at Poplar Creek, the front one is out of the water. Also the ramps at the state park looked out of the water. the water coming out of Poplar Creek is also very low but navagible. Caught some really nice blues drifting the flats in front of the state park anywhere from 3 ft. to 12 ft. Had to back completely off the ramp to launch my 18 ft. pontoon........be careful. Gonna be at Canal Lakes this weekend where there is a little more water.

8. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Randolph's ramp was pretty bad the other week. I hope it is better on Sat. I wish we could launch on Wyboo by Lil'N8's for the tourney...

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Catch some for us to!:wink:We will be down Sat. morning before blastoff.What channel will you be on?

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Marc you can put in at the gamewarden landing you just have to at randolphs by water and leave by water. We are putting in at Hills in the canal and driving over. Randolphs just added 4more feet of concrete to there ramp last week.

Jimmy I will be on Ch69 and in a 17ft HenryO white dual console with RiverCat on the side. If any of you get down there hollar at me and good luck to all.

11. daddyrabbit

daddyrabbit New Member

State:
    Lake City S.C.
    We put in Game Wardens Landing Wed. All clear !

12. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    "Not gonna be up that way, but if you don't mind, take a look at the ramp conditions and give us some feedback. Thanks."

The ramp in front of the store is all the way out of the water. I saw a few boats use the second Poplar Creek Ramp. The shorter 16' boats did alright but the longer 24' pontoon had a little more trouble. The problem with the second ramp is that it has two different degrees of pitch. The part that goes off into the water is very steep and the longer trailers will bottom out near the tounge. A few people that I know from the area are using the State Park Ramps.