any body fishing the altamaha in jesup ga.

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by doodlebug188, Jul 26, 2008.

1. doodlebug188

doodlebug188 New Member

State:
    ga.
    if so where would somebody find a good place to fish from the bank until i get my boat fixed.:smile2: i am new to the area.

2. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i have never fished there but welcome to the boc and gl on fishing. i am sure some one will post here soon and give you advice . this place is awsome for that. once again welcome aboard

3. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    Greetings and welcome to the BOC. At the Jaycee Landing approx 5 miles NE of Jesup there is a path that runs behind the bait store that will take you to a nice big sand bar just below the bridge. Just across from it is the Wild Life Management landing on the Long County side. There are some deep holes at that bridge and bound to come up with a nice large cat. There are few places along the Altamaha to fish from banks except at landing areas. Those are Upper County, Oglethorpe, Jaycee, Sansivilla then Everett City in Glynn County at the Altamaha Fish Camp. Most of this river is wood lands and swamp and only runs by these few places. Hope this helps you out.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Welcome Billy to the BOC we have had a couple of gatheringsdown there and there are a lot of people that fish the Altamaha bank and boat I would pay attention to Altamahjon he lives in the area and fishes it

5. doodlebug188

doodlebug188 New Member

State:
    ga.
    thanks guys. altamahajon i live in the big city of screven you guys are super.:smile2::big_smile_2:

6. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    hey there and welcome to boc. great site with a tone of info. altamahajon hit it perfect those are your bank accesses other than that it is either private access or youll need your boat fixed up. i have fished the sand bar by jaycees in the past and done fairely well had one night with a bunch around 20lbs right under the bridge. good luck and if you need anything let me know