any body fishing in this area?

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by IA Flatcatter, Nov 26, 2009.

1. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    Are any of you fishing - catfishing that is - this time of the year ?
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all !
    larry

2. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    i went yesterday on the missouri in Council bluffs didnt get as much as a bite...it was very very windy though so i couldnt tell if i did or not...so im assuming that i didnt!!Happy turkey day!!

3. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I haven't been out for a couple of weeks, but I see the river is starting to become more user friendly LOL so I'm planning on getting out real soon. Later Andy

4. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    I haven't been fishing since JULY! :embarassed: Been very busy and had boat problems. Cant wait to do some ice fishing. Then snagging season. Then the spring catfish bite. Cant wait!

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dang Calvin thats not good. Although in my opinion this year has been off for fishing. I went out yesterday below the Keokuk, Dam 19, and tried my hand at walleye fishing. Didn't have very good luck, but I did find some places were the fish are stacked up. Anyway it was a very enjoyable day on the water, and the river is very clear right now also. I'm going to keep trying my hand at walleying, just because it's something new to learn.
    Later Andy

6. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    man I hung my rods up first part of october. Missed the fall bite, patiently waiting on spring now.

7. catman79

catman79 New Member

State:
    iowa
    put the big rods away and now its time to get the ice rods out.will be out this friday,ice was about 2 inches on sunday and with the cold should be 4inches by then