Any body ever use a dead snake for cut bait?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Bream baiter, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Bream baiter

Bream baiter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I don't remember anybody ever talking about using snake meat for cutbait. Just wondering if anybody has tried it and did it work well.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last Oct there was a snake that was 75% dead sitting next to me, after I darn near freaked out (I hate snakes) I thought about putting it on my hook, if I could have done it w/ out pooping my pants, I may have tried it.

3. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i have never tried the meat for bait. i don't even like to handle a dead snake. i have caught catfish with snakes in thier stomach.

4. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    A Buddy and I last spring ran low on bait over at La Cygne, when a water snake came up to the bank and I grabbed it. We talked it over and figured it was natural to the waters, so why not try. Rob put the tail on and I went straight to the gut section. took a 1" piece split it wide open exposing the innards and POW! a nice little 5 Lb Channel Cat. Watch out for those water snakes, They are nasty and stink. Not my 1st choice but not my last either.
    :0a22:

5. Phlogus

Phlogus New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have had snakes curl up in the lid of my fish basket trying to get to my catch but I have never had it the otherway around.