Any body been fishing lake lanier

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by chambers bd, Dec 28, 2008.

1. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Any body got any fishing G2 on Lake Lanier lately, I have not been?

2. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Hey Chambers,

I have been mostly spot fishing this past month. The fishing has been very good for spots, up and down for stripers, I have not targeted cats recently. I think I read in another thread that Jerseycat has been catching some nice cats, sure he will chime in!

I am going to fish all day on Tuesday and plan to spend part of it looking for a few cats, will let you know how it goes!

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Thanks Greg!:big_smile:

4. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I went for a couple of hours on Christmas Eve just fishing from the bank at
    Lanier Point. I was using shrimp but I didn't do any good. But it wasn't because it was too crowded because I was the only person around that area.

5. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia
    Good to see you back on here Brian, seems like it's been a while...

6. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    So Ed, been hunting, time to fish!:roll_eyes:

7. Lawyer33

Lawyer33 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Chambers: I was thinking about trying Lanier this weekend; although I'll probably be trying from the bank up around Clark's Hill. ANy suggestions?

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Sent you an email, how you do, I caught a bunch there!

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Sorry Brian I never saw this post till now:sad2: The catfishing has been up and down its either all quality fish or all white cats one or the other but when I say quality most of the channels Ive caught lately have been over 7lbs and healthy. Swing back into Flat creek and put some trout on the bottom near the back of the back by the creeks in about 25ft of water. It seems there is no limit on the size of the trout they will take right now.

10. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    I WENT OUT FOR 4 HOURS TODAY. I MOSTLY WENT OUT TO TRY OUT A NEW GPS/SONAR FISHFINDER I GOT. I TOOK MY WIFE SON AND A DOG THATS NEVER BEEN OUT BEFORE. WE DIDN'T GET PAST THE NO WAKE BOUYS YET AND THE DOG FALLS IN. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A FUN TRIP. I TROLLED FOR STRIPES FOR A WHILE AND HIT A FEW CATFISH HOLES AND DIDNT GET A BITE.

11. Jighead07

Jighead07 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anybody hooked into one of the flatheads that have started to show up in Lanier? Hope to hook into one this spring up the Hooch. Jersey, as a boy and young man I used to fish Flat Creek almost daily when I lived with my Granny down that way. before she passed she caught a 10lb + channel cat down there. Great catfish area.

12. Creteus

Creteus New Member

State:
    Loganville, GA
    How far up steam is Clarks Hill from the Dam? I'm going to have to get up with some of you guys if I can ever pry myself from the couch:smile2:

Welcome to the BOC Tony

13. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia

Glad to hear it , Brian...Did you do any good ???

14. Lawyer33

Lawyer33 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Creutus: Clark's Hill is about as far north up the Chattahoochee as you can get and Lanier still look like a lake. It is where the the rowing venue is. From that point north to Lulu bridge is more like river than lake.

15. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Yes, check out my pictures and I got a big 8 point!:roll_eyes:

16. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    The Chattahoochee doesnt flow to clarkes hill.
    The Chattahoochee starts as a trickle in the white, gilmer and towns counties as a part of the Chattahoochee WMA , low gap area!

Lula bridge is a great place to fish.

The Soque river above clarkesville will wind down toward clarkes hill.

17. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Hi Folks,
    David and I went out today. It was a great day for a father and son catfishing trip. Went to Clarkes Bridge, frist time on the motor since I got it back from Mark's marina at Lake Burton. Insteed of every five seconds going dead it idealed for like five hour and it smoked alot less. I ran real good hitting 42 quickly and chugged at 3.2. Went up past the jumping rock, fished a while, then to the crest of the moon, then down to around the intake. No bites at all on oysters and night crawlers/

water temp was 34.2 to 40.6 with high pressure, winds out of the south 3 to 16 gusts maybe 20.

The boat ran great, all I had to do was bump the starter.

Any who we curised and watched the Eagles!

It was great!:cool2:

18. LureheadEd

LureheadEd New Member

State:
    Geogia

GOOD JOB !!!