Any BOC Brothers fishing this week?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Im on Vacation until Monday if any BOC Brothers in the Chester, Chesterfield, Petersburg, Hopewell, Richmond etc etc area wanna go fishing. I dont have a boat but we can bank fish and if you have a boat I dont mind draggin along. Let me know, Im headed to Dutch Gap in about an hour, so by 3 I will be there .

2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Good luck to you...please report back on how you do.

3. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    hey ramon do you drive a black avalanche??

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Yep thats me, was that you I talked to with the Carolina Skiff?

5. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    Yah that was me and my buddy we went out that day and caught hell with the wind but we've managed to put a few small ones in the boat here recently just waitin for the consistent bite we're new to big catfishin and heard its crazy cant wait

6. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    cool anytime you wanna go out let me know. One of my friends just bought a boat yesterday and I plan on getting one by week's end so if you wanna go with us or I go with you let me know. I've only fished the james on a boat once but I do pretty decent from the bank. I've caught dinks to 60LBers from the bank.

7. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    yah sounds good definitely love to meet up and fish with a BOC brother thats how i met and went fishin with mike had a blast

8. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Name:
    Steve
    I'd to fish with you this weekend at Dutch Gap. I'm available Saturday or Sunday. What's the plan?

The wading at Pony Pasture and Pipeline is over, so I'm ready to shift to the bank downstream.

9. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I plan on being there all weekend. Im off friday-Monday for Columbus day weekend. Cant fish Monday though, the ol lady returns from vacation and im buying a boat monday. But friday, sat and sunday I should get there around 7-8am. I fish at the first opening as you go down the trail at the end of the parking lot

10. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I'd say those cats are in big trouble if you get mobile...you've been slaying them from the shore I can only imagine the terror you'll cause when you can get to the "good" spots. :001:

Waiting for the pics.....:roll_eyes:

11. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I agree....leave some fish in the river for me Ramon. I'm starting back up soon, would be nice to catch something.:wink:

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    What Boat are you getting Ramon? Good luck, you are starting a new chapter in fishing,,,,a good one.

13. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    B - Break
    O - Out
    A - Another
    T - Thousand

They're a real PITA to keep up....but once you get one, you'll never want to go back to not having one.

14. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Christie and I will be fishing the Chickahominy out of The River's Rest Marina. We're heading up Sunday and staying until Thursday or Friday.

15. Steve Knox

Steve Knox Active Member

State:
    Richmond, Virginia
    Name:
    Steve
    Looks like Sunday works for me. I'll look for you. What weight sinkers are you using? I have an assortment, but no point in bringing more than I need.

16. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Found a 19' 1991 Hurricane Deck Boat with a 115 Mariner Outboard for $1900. Went and looked at it tuesday. It needs a little work but it is water ready. I just want to get the boat the way I want it. Make it more eye pleasing to me, get about 10 Monster Rod Holders, new bimini top, a fish finder, 2 Fishing chairs, etc etc. I'll probably go broke this winter lol. The guy who selling me the boat Sold my friend an Identical Hurricane Deckboat his was just a 1994 same 115 Mariner for $2500. It had a lot more furniture and storage but I like more room on my boat. We have taken my friends boat out a few times and the boat seems good to do.

17. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the kind words chuck. I hope I do have the success on the boat that I have on the bank. I went out with my friend a couple times and tried to get him to hit some of my spots but he doesnt wanna listen lol. I know where I will be when I get mine though:wink:

18. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Josh there's plenty in the james for you and me, hopefully I can catch that 80LBer I want so bad by thanskgiving lol