Any blue catfish north of Alton in Mississippi River?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SkipEye, Jun 11, 2007.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Okay I'll try my post again. Apparently I copied and pasted a couple sentences referring to a statement that Blue Cats are largely absent from the river North of Alton. Someone seems to think that was copyrighted material so it was deleted?

What do I know?

Anyway........... Please relate honest, truthful experiences :lol:regarding Blue Cat fishing near Lock and Dam 25 in Winfield, MO.

I just need to know if I am wasting my time drowning cut Shad in this area.

Thanks in advance.

2. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    I ahve 5 posts on that region in the past months (search my past posts by name to find them). There is a lot of kidding around in my posts, but numbers of fish, size, and tactics are all true.

PM me if you have any specific Q's, and I will tell you what I can. Maybe you can teach me a bit about that area too if you ever want to get out.

Fishing has been tough for a while, but that region does have lots of fish, and many with size too.

CP

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    There are TONS of blue cats north of Alton. The dams at Winfield, Clarkesville, Saverton, Hannibal are loaded with the blue cats, and some of them are some real pigs. We just caught a 38 pounder on the locks at Lagrange all the way up the Illinois River!!! Dont get discouraged this time of year as majority of the fish are spawning. The Dam at Winfield will start producing fish in July and August. You are in a great pool for Blue Cats. Dont get discouraged.

4. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    like cuz said in early august the blue will be up by winfeild. a buddy of mine who's is a guide doesn't fish there till then.