Any blue catfish in or near Hereford Texas???

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by whiskerchaser, Jul 12, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Hey guys I might be moving to hereford texas soon i dont know yet is there any blue catfish anywhere near close or in hereford texas? Any body of water. Thanks I really wanna know thanks a lot.

2. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Unfortunity Im far east of you in the Dallas Fort Worth area so I dont know anything about your area, but just about every lake in Texas has blue cats, maybe all. If your ever in this part of the state Some of your major catfish lakes include Texoma, Lewisville, and Tawakoni. Texoma had the previous record bluecat at 121.5#, lewisville has has 80-90# fish pulled from it, and just like 1 month ago maybe 3 weeks, Tawakoni had an 86# blue pulled out. All of these lakes have flatheads around the same size pulled out as well.

3. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I went to yahoo maps and pulled up your location. East of you pretty close is Buffalo Lake. I went to Texas parks and wildlife website and looked for fish records for the lake. They only had buffalo creek lake listed(opposed to buffalo lake on yahoo maps) not sure if it is the same lake. The lake has bluecat record listed at 19#'s and flathead at 51#.

4. phatcat

phatcat New Member

State:
    Texas
    sorry to say you are moving to a dry lakeless part of the state, bufflo lake and bufflo creek are not the same. bufflo lake , last i herd was dry bufflo creek is down close to lubbock which is not to far from herford. i live in shamrock on the eastern side of the panhandle and go into oklahoma to fish .you might check out mckinzy its small but i think they have channels there...phatcat

5. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Thanks I was born in lewisville but we moved when i was like 2yrs old. But I will have to go if we move thanks also im still open to others who know of other lakes thanks a lot.

6. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Buffalo creek? I will try and see how far it is from hereford.

7. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    ok I checked with mapquest i dont know if i did it right but all of the lakes mentioned are at least 300 miles away from me that bites:angry:

8. RRaider

RRaider Guest

Whiskerchaser, I live in Amarillo, not far from Hereford. Lake Meredith is a large lake with blues, channels, and flats. Mackenzie and Greenbelt are smaller and both have channels, Mackenzie has flats as well. Buffalo Lake is a wildlife refuge, no fishing allowed, Buffalo Springs is by lubbock and the fishing there is fair (t's very small and treated sewer water from Lubbock often ends up there). South of Lubbock is Lake Alan Henry, argueably the best Bass fishery in Texas, it has channels and I believe a few blues as well. Ute is in New Mexico, not too far and has several species as well.

Here is all the info you need.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/inpanhd.phtml