Any and All true Americans will love this

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Jun 11, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Here is a speech that was given here locally. I obtained a copy of it and thought many of you might enjoy it.

There are people who believe America should apologize for her arrogance, haughtiness, superiority and pride. There are those who believe we have exercised our might in a wrong way and should humble ourselves before the rest of the world. Let me be the first to make several apologies…

I am sorry that every time there is tyranny in the world it is American boys and girls who are called upon to set captives free.

I am sorry that when Europe was in the grips of dictators hell bent on destroying an entire race of people, that it was Americans who had to come to the rescue

I am sorry that when the Soviet Union was enacting their diabolical plan of expansionism and taking over every country they could that it was America who had to stand in their way

I am sorry that when freedom is challenged on every corner of the globe, it is America’s 18 and 19 year old kids who go and spill their blood on foreign dirt to save people who don’t know the meaning of free

I am sorry that terrorists whose sole purpose is to kill Americans and the peaceful people of Israel, are given more rights than the innocent journalists, doctors and construction workers they kidnap and behead

I am sorry that our Commander in Chief thought it necessary to sit idly by while some half cocked third world dictator of a Latin American mud slide of a country stood by and for nearly one hour told the world how evil we are

I am sorry that our Commander in Chief didn’t feel it necessary to respond by telling him to kiss the south end of his north bound motorcade

I am sorry that politicians who would never dirty their hands with the fight of freedom are the ones who end up making decisions about wars

I am sorry to every veteran of Vietnam for the way you were treated when you returned after having your hands tied in the battle field

I am sorry that the American Press who enjoys the freedoms paid for with patriotic blood and daring are the ones who mocked the only man willing to say it when Ronald Reagan called the Soviet Union the Evil Empire

I am sorry that it is considered patriotic to burn our flag of freedom and we have forgotten the words of Henry Ward Beecher when he said, “A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth."
    I am sorry that the weak kneed, hand wringers among us do not understand that the cry for peace is only heard through the clash of resounding arms

I am sorry that the so called “progressive” in our country have forgotten the words of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy when he stood in the face of communism and said, “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty.”

I am sorry that our country doesn’t understand that behind every ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to its people

In closing let me remind our commander in chief and all of the other apologists these immortal words from a man they called a dope and out of touch, but his words are truer today than ever before… Ronald Reagan said, Freedom is never more than a generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the blood stream, it must be FOUGHT FOR, PROTECTED and HANDED ON FOR THEM TO DO THE SAME…

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO THIS COUNTRY OF OURS… May God kill our enemies with extreme prejudice so that we don’t have to… And May God continue to richly bless this nation he so boldly enthroned and put in charge of the planet.

2. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    glad you posted that thank you

3. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Hey there are still people in this country who speak out without fear.:cool2: nice speech.

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I am sorry this repub tripe ends up staying on the open board. :wink:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for sharing ,Kevin. I'm glad there are still a few of us that are proud to live in the greatest nation on the planet,If only for a little longer. More importantly I'm Glad that folks still have the gall to say speeches like this.:cool2:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Absolutely beautiful speech; thanks so much for sharing that with us.

7. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    thanks.. good speech.. if only we could get more to read and understand it..

8. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Great speech, saying it how it is. Seems some folks don't understand how we got here and stay here. I wish we could stay uninvolved but if we didn't then we'd be all alone now.

9. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    that speech just about says it all, if only EVERYONE could understand it