Any Albino Flathead catfish Pictures?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by jason berry, Jan 3, 2009.

1. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I was just wondering if anybody had any pictures of Albino Flats. I have never seen one and would have to say they are pretty rare. I have caught albino channels and blues but never a flat.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    same here bro. I have caught albino channel cats, but have never seen an albino flathead ....rollo

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    My Dad caught one in the Ohio River about 45 yrs. ago near Vevay, In. it weighted around 10 lbs. and had pink eyes, havent seen one since .

4. patrickgd

patrickgd New Member

State:
    Memphis TN
    I saw a commercial trotliner bring one in about 25 years ago at a Kentucky Lake marina called Bass Bay. It was very light yellow and had red eyes. I was about 10 lbs.

5. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    I have seen them posted here on this forum. I will search around.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Somebody's holding a Big One in their avatar pic pretty looks to be about 30+lbs.I see it all the time going through the threads.. and Iremember another that was laying in a boat I think?? another nice at that..

7. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I saved this pic from this site. I thought that flathead was gorgeous. I don't remember the guys screen name, But it was his profile pic'. I think he's from texas..

Attached Files:

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Beautiful fish!!!Wow.:crazy:

9. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I got to catch me one of those what a beatiful fish thanks for all the help guys what a rare fish.

10. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here Jason, How does it feel? lol :smile2:

Attached Files:

11. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    I got faith maybe my personal best some day will be an albino Flathead. I will let it go to fight another day all I want is a picture of it. Thanks for the pic.

12. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Mark thx for posting that pic. I was hunting it when I first saw this thread but couldnt find it. the one I am referring to is the guy in the red sweat shirt. I dont think it is an albino though. it was caught from a private pond that a friend of my dad had dug. the pond is obout 5 ft deep with a creek bed that is about 6 1/2 ft deep. the guy bought alot of flatties and blues and put in it when it was first dug and none since. he said he didnt get any that color when he bought them so all we could figure out was the sun lightened the fish to an almost white color. it was a tad under 40 lbs and he put nothing over 25 in it in 2001. I have caught it was since then and it was alittle lighter than is was in the pic but didnt have a camera on me then. my wife caught a 55 lb blue from the same pond. it is kinda hard to catch them though because he feeds them reg. with large pellets of fish food. when he throws it in the water it takes a few minutes but the water erupts with big cats just rolling over each other to get this food. its a sight to see.

13. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
  14. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    COOL LOOKING FISH.