Any 8 ball pool players here.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by vacatfish, Mar 20, 2007.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Just wondering how many 8 ball pool players we have here. i myself love playing 8 ball pool and play as offten and as much as i can.

Thanks to any for there input.

2. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    played in league for about7 years now 9 and 8 ball every year

3. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Glad to see we also have others who also like shooting pool. ever made your way to virginia for any of the games.

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yep, I play 8 and 9 ball. Been on a league too, but only play for fun anymore. I play darts on a league now. Gives me an excuse to go to the bars on Thursay night.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Who can resist a good pool game?

6. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I play it but not often. wish we had a table.

7. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Randy, it's good to see ya.
    I ain't played any pool in years. Snooker was always my favorite game.

st

8. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    In the winter its shooting pool hanging out in the bar. And in summer I dont have no time to play to much fishing.

9. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    I love pool. Not the greatest in the world but i play whenever i can.

10. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    hi randy.I use to play 8 ball now and then. however back when I played, the game was 6 ball, it was fast and loose. I played for a living for about 22 years. I have sent a lot of pros back home because they didn't take me serious because I was so short. 4 ft 9. the last time I played. I beat (mike Massey) at the diamond mine. in a race to three, 9 ball. had my own table and cue. when I wasn't playing for money, I was practicing. then 6 years ago the LORD saved me. I sold the table and stick. haven't played since then. I sold the table because when I had the stick in my hand, I thought about money. it was a big temptation to me. I chose the LORD. thanks for the post, it brought back memories. now I play lead guitar for a gospel band. I love it as much as I did pool. have a blessed day.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When I was 16 My dad bought a reg. sized pool table,and many hours after school were spent in our basement shooting.my mom sold the house a few years ago along with the pool table but every time I drive by it I still remember those days with my two brothers and my dad shooting pool and trying to beat the oid man.

12. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Im glad to see many old time players posting to i love talking about pool almost as much as i love playing it.

Your 4ft 9ins tall thats kool that proves size does not matter it's all in knowing how to use your stick.

I play alot of some of virginias best pool players not braging but do not do bad i play alot of them who play all over the use from moose looge to moose looge.

Practice and knowing how to control the cue ball to hit the area of the object ball to make the object ball in your target pocket is the who key.

You will here many yell knowing your english is the whole key but let me tell ya a trick knowing when not to use english is a better thing. english is handy when needing to get postion on your next object ball many forms of english can be used.

Knowing how to aim your cue ball with your object ball and your object ball with the pocket you wish to sink it in is also another key.

Pool is like work but fun workmany try it but give it up if they do not do well on the table there first time but if you can see the mistakes you made or know the mistakes you made your 2nd time on the table you can capitalize on them.

Played monday night did not do bad i went 8 out of 12 one of the 4 games i lost was my own fault got careless on the 8 ball or i would had went 9 out of 12 anyone ever in the bedford area and feel like shooting some 8 ball give me a yell the pool hall i shoot at is open from 630pm to sometimes 12am.
    Would really enjoy shooting with a brother or sister. thank you all for all your post.

13. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Would to read more stories of the pool playing years that have been had by others funny ones kool one whatever.

14. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a nine foot Proline in the barn need to start playing again.

15. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    9ft proline very nice table. i also love pool cause it also gives me a good challenge. yep i would be racking them balls on the table nothing like a good game of pool.

16. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    PLay a mean game of 8 ball on yahoo pool :big_smile:

17. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Yahoo pool kool. pool is fun no matter how ya play it thanks for posting.

18. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    What isit about playing 8 ball you like.

19. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I like it but i like 9 ball better but pool is a great game no matter what.

20. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Never really played much 9 ball would be nice to get the hang on that one also. i think it's easyer to faoul in 9 ball then it is 8 ball. but just learning to play it better would be fine with me.