Any 3d shooters in here?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by blindfly69, Jul 20, 2007.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i've only been a couple times but its ADDICTING!!! i know a few people who bought all the targets from a past shoot so now they have their own 3d course in the woods behind their house... anybody else into 3d shooting??

2. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have been doing them for about 20 yeras now. I only do a couple a year now, but was pretty heavy into it many years ago.

They have changed alot over time.

When I first started back in the 80's we had night shoots and even shot at moving targets (they would have a 3d deer suspended to roll on a cable), shots were through trees and between rocks, it was very challenging.
    Then guy started complaining that they were going through to many arrows so things "opened" up.

Still alot of fun and a great way to meet people with a similar passion.

3. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Yea this is the first year that i went to all of them in my area. They are addicting like you say. We have a challenging long shoot at one range, this year it was exactly 124yards. The winner missed a roofing nail by 3/4 of an inch, talk about a good shot and a lot of luck.

4. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ethan I always enjoyed the shoots in california mo, They were always early in the year Jan, Feb, Mar. It was a good "hunters" course.

The ones at the United Sportsmans club in JC were good too, just set up to also accomodate the tournament 3D guys, with the fancy bows and the long stabalizers that you would never take hunting.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I just joined a weekly league. It's a lot of fun.:big_smile:

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    where do you shoot??

7. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Yea it is a great "hunters" course, i helped set the targets up and it was always a question of "is this a real life situation"? we all have a lot of fun and it turns out to be a great time and a great shoot. I went to the Jefferson City Bowbenders shoot once and got a trophy for first place 2nd flight.

8. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Used to be a hardcore 3-D'er, did the IBO worlds a couple times, several ASA's, lots of Cabela's when they had a circuit............got to the point where I wouldn't shoot unless there was money in the pot. Shot for Martin, Oregon, McPherson and Matthews, used to shoot light arrows at high speeds..........sure cracked a lot of limbs and bent many axles:eek:oooh:

Enjoyed the indoor 300 round during the winter months, my best was a 56X 300, shot it with my 3-d rig only with a 6 power scope, power peep and a Stan release.

Be careful out there, too much poundage and to many draw cycles have trashed my shoulder. My screen name came from the little center 12 ring they had on the targets at the Cabela's and ASA shoot...............I always wanted to live in the center12:wink:.

9. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    One of the local parks here in Quincy, IL
    They set out 15 targets in the woods and you shoot 2 arrows at each. The first arrow may be 35 yards and the next at 25, it just depends.
    All targets are between 20 and 45 yards.

10. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    My buddies and I shoot a couple 3d events in the spring and summer. We all talk alot of trash to each other in good fun. I usually get smoked during these outings but once October rolls around I am driving the bus and taking everyone to school!!!!:smile2: