antone own a Savage precision long range varminter?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by roadkill636, Aug 4, 2009.

1. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I have a savage plrv in 22-250 1-9 twist.
    with a Leupold cometition 45X45. anyone else have this EXACT same set up? what is your most acurate load?
    Im not at all interested in ANY other gun or cartrage than what is stated here

so far Im only acurate to 1/2 MOA looking to improve on load
    I know the gun is more acurate than I am..:angry:

2. JKitterman

JKitterman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What ammo combo are you currently shooting now? Are you doing 3 or 5 shot groups? 6mmbr.com has some info in their forums.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009

3. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I guess my best load to date is benchmark primer, 37 gr 4007ssc powder, 69 gr sierra hpbt match 2.490 oal

a pic of the set up

Attached Files:

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I got a 93f in 22 mag, its a good one, its not really a super varmit round but does the job out to a 100 yards, after that I'll get the .300 Weatherby it will get it done way the hell out there! My monster Buck from Ms. was shot at 545 yrds plus! The lazer would not detect a soft target over 450 yards, and it will cut rebar to lenght!

150 grain Nos Par, 3540 feet per second!

Its great for varmits!

5. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    I have MANY other guns also......:angry:
    ????????????????????????????
    like I said,,,Im not at all interested in ANY other gun or cartrage than what is stated here:wink:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Jeremy ,I applaud your efforts,But no way are you ONLY gonna get reply's about the setup you have,We all are proud of our guns and our ability to shoot with them. My next two guns will be a 7mm/08,and a 22/250

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    no, i don't own a savage precision long range varminter.

8. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    i got a savage 112 in .25-06 that will blow th head off a woodchuck at 350 yards.:big_smile::cool2:

9. JKitterman

JKitterman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't remember if that Sierra Bullet needs 1/7 twist and I couldn't find it on their website. "My pet load for paper punching is 37.5 grains of Varget, CCI BR2 primer, and a 53gr SMK. I'm also playing with the 60gr V-Max, 65gr Sierra Gameking and the 75gr A-Max bullets, and have loads worked up for each that will consistently group around 1/2 MOA." Jim Baker, site administrator for Savage Shooters website. That should get you started. It sounds like you are about where that rifle shoots or it just may be your shooting unless you are a benchrest shooter and get a lot of practice with that high magnification, mirage and wind.

10. trollrap

trollrap New Member

State:
    northern illino
    I have a 93 17 bvss w/ 6-18 x 50 bushnell banner scope. Cal. 17 hmr. went to S.D. 2 years ago & was hitten' prarie dogs out to 175 yds. Mabey farther! I drink far too much coffee to hit anything much farther than that. Shot 900 rounds in 2 days. Got used to the trigger, bullet drop, recoil ( almost non existant), ETC. Got pretty good, pretty acurate. Many times that .17 supprised me and my shooting partner. Try a .17 you will like it too.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009