antlers

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by brandon, Jan 16, 2008.

1. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    when do the bucks start dropping their antlers

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It varies on location,Here in New Mexico the mulies start losing them in late Feb . whitetails a little later.

3. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I assumed around late feb. Was wanting to do some antler trapping. To see if the big one got spotted this year. thanks.

4. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Like Richard said it depends on the area of the country you live in. In Northwest Arkansas and Northeast Oklahoma they will lose them as early as late December through as late as mid Febuary.

5. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The best time around here to find sheds is drive your tractor through the pasture or do field work in the spring. Almost guaranteed to get one in the tires if you are not careful.

How do you trap? Here we use 2 16' hog panels formed into a V shape. Secure with steel posts. At the end of the funnel use a grain bait. The narrower it gets the more chance you got of knocking off a horn. Sometimes works well and sometimes not.

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    down here in so. alabama, i have seen bucks still sporting thier racks well into the march-april turkey season.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    in illinois around this time. i seen one yesterday that still had both sides. they should be falling soon.

8. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    In maryland, some have started losing them already, but most still got 'em. i give it till probably mid february, and they'll all be gone. I just seen a HUGE 8 pointer last week, tall and wide rack, but alas, He's in town, and there's no legal way of getting him short of hitting him with my truck, and that's no fun...ask me how i know.:angry:

9. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Tennessee end of Feb-March.