Antique Red Oak

Discussion in 'Jims Woodworking' started by fish, Feb 15, 2008.

1. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Man talk about a gloat, I just had to tell ya'll about the antique red oak that Willard (Bubbakat) brought me today. 340 board feet and it is some fine looking wood. There are some really wide boards in the pile and will make some great projects. Thanks again Willard, you da man!

2. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    You've succeeded in making us all jealous Jim.

Gotta love red oak, and wide boards are always nice.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    That is quit all right my little round buddie. You will pay for it in the long run.
    Any way when I saw that pile of wood I saw your face all in it. Enjoy and make some things to keep you out of trouble.:big_smile:
    OBTW when you kick the bucket be sure to have me in your will to get all your neat wood working toys.:wink:

4. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I don't want the toys! I want the knowledge. I wish I knew 1/2 as much as Jim knows about wood working!

5. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    Coloman, I agree with you on that. Just half the knowledge would make me a fine wood worker.

Jim you are a lucky person having all that fine lumber given to you. I made a wagon table out of red oak for some folks, looked great.

6. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Jim
    I hope your taking good care of that wood for me:wink:.....LOL

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Lynne, I bet that did look good in red oak. I have your plans on the wheels saved in a couple of places and will give it a try one day soon, I hope.

Bill, that lumber is getting dryer everyday sitting out there in the shop, but everytime I look at it I go to drooling on it again.LOL

Willard, them planer blades are still doing good from where you sharpened them, thanks again buddy.

8. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Folks, jim arrived at my house on sat morning and this is what he was wagging along with him. He made it out of some of that oak he was gloating about. Jim Donna and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for what you and judy have done for us. Our kitchen looks great and that swing will be enjoyed until the day I die. Old friend you are a wonder.

Attached Files:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Beautiful swing. I just made one today out of red cedar. Needs more poly but turned out ok. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

10. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on the Red Oak.

11. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Willard, we are glad you and Donna like the swing buddy, we really do appreciate all that ya'll have done for us too. You are fast getting it stained and hung in that short time, ya'll did a great job on that. That antique oak is going to make some pretty picture frames also.

John, we are looking forward to seeing your swing, I know it looks great made out of cedar.

Thanks CJ, I appreciate that. You have been making some mighty impressive pieces of furniture lately.

12. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thanks Fish, I really enjoy building projects even thou I have limited power tools. :big_smile:

13. Lynne

Lynne New Member

State:
    Klondike, TX
    That's a real nice swing.

Clara has been after me to make one for our front porch. We enjoy sitting out there on the mornings and evening. Guess I will have to look at some plans some day amd make her one. I'm glad she doesn't come into the BOC and see all the pictures of the really good wood working being done in here. I'd never get any fishing done.