"Anticipation"-without lyrics

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jun 6, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

Isn't technology wonderful. Like an addiction to this forum when you jump on the computer to see what's new, I have that addiction to the weather channels. Used to be when you went to Grandmas you got in the car and went. If it rained it rained. We had a tornado 3 miles East of us on the first of June. 1 mile wide, 16 miles on the ground, 120 MPH winds. It was a little one-kind of dinky. Came out of nowhere-There was no "Anticipation". It came and went. I hadn't for personal reasons paid any attention to my beloved weather channels.
    I have "Anticipation" now. Cold front from the NW, heat from the S. Jet stream directly over our head from S to N. Scheduled like a plane flight, it's arrival is Thursday P.M. Trouble brewing and it will prob. be at night. I hate them when they come at night. The trouble with knowing 3 days ahead of time is that it can make you psycho. I can't not stop watching the weather, except that it makes me crazy. How do you folks handle this? Just unplug the computer? Couldn't access this forum though-would have withdrawal symptoms with my DT's. Maybe I'll move to Oklahoma where it's safer.