Anticipating the weekend...

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, Mar 28, 2008.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This is the weekend I have had marked on the calendar for a while. Many anglers are coming to TN to do a social fish in and catch some lumps. I personally can't wait and I am thinking about heading there in the early AM and fishing all day, and all night if I have to in order to hook some 20lbers and maybe the elusive 30lber.

Who else is anticipating the weekend and what do you do to prepare for a good session. I currently have my tiger nuts soaking, hemp seed prepared, hair rigs tied, boilies inventoried and grits purchased and I am locked and loaded. I am bringing the house as far as baits go and can't wait for some fun catching.

Attached Files:

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thats some nice looking bait thanks for sharing the pictures, and I hope you catch a bunch

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Brad sounds as you are a 110% ready to go buddy. It looks as you are about to unleash a whopping on those carp. :wink: Its still a bit chilly up here in the PA region. I have been "wetting" my lines but nothing to serious yet. My "target" date will be the second weekend in April. I am hoping by then the temps stabilize in the (low) 60's by then. I plan on using hair rigs and boiles more often this year. I didn't start to really target carp until last summer but now i will take it a bit more serious. Wasn't till I landed that "cow" on memorial day 2007 that i became hooked on carp. Before that even though i caught one or two here and there I really never targeted them per say. I hope you land that 30lb and have fun out there. :cross: Can't wait..........

4. bigcarp

bigcarp New Member

State:
    england
    brad
    nice rigs will get round to showing some of mine now i have enough posts
    just started myself for the new season lake i'm fishing has about 25 carp in 40 acres biggest around the 50lb mark should be a challange hope to try your pack recipe when i can locate the grits best of luck:006:
    Tom

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Brad: Good luck this weekend. Thanks for the pictures

6. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    what flavors are you using. i wouldnt mind getting into carp fishing, but with so many diffrent flavors out there, its hard to decide which one. i know back home, corn flavor, cinnamon, and cherry were the favorites of the carp fisherman.

7. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have several flavors to try, only some are my go to flavors.
    Go to flavors:
    Juicy Tutti Fruiti
    Pineapple Ice Cream
    Red Peach

Other flavors (For when the fish are picky)
    Milk and Egg
    Bannana Ice Cream
    Strawberry Ice Cream
    Crayfish

I use all flavors from time to time but the first 3, particularly the first 2 have brought me numerous fish. They are all made my K-1 Baits and I can PM a link if interested.

8. bigcarp

bigcarp New Member

State:
    england
    pineapple never fish without it:wink:

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    brad you realy seem to have it togather when it comes to carp.i sure wish you would try to make the picwick gathering in september.id like a chance to pick your brain and learn some more about carp fishing.

10. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Where is the Pickwick gathering, if it is near me and on a weekend I can probably make it. I seem to recognize the name. What dates would it be.