Anti-P.E.T.A. Organization

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rednecksportsman511, Nov 16, 2005.

1. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    This was originally suggested in the forums by flatheaddundee. So I decided to open a new thread on the topic. You can see the original posts here: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4028

As many of you know, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has been threatening our hunting and fishing traditions for many years now. They oppose any and all hunting, and even catch and release fishing (see above link).

They simply don't understand the concept of conservation by hunting. In overpopulated areas, if deer or any other game are not harvested then they will either die of starvation or disease. And instead of trying to learn why outdoorsman hunt and fish, they do all that is within their might, legal or not, to shut down the passage of our outdoor traditions to our youth (which I am) and to others who have not been able to enjoy outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing. P.E.T.A. targets our lifestyle and livelihood by means of celebrity support (see link) and large financial resources. They pay people to protest. These people will not let legal boundaries stop them. When a couple protestors are thrown in jail, many more step up to take their place. P.E.T.A and other anti-hunting/fishing organizations grow rapidly in membership even as you read this article. If they succeed, your sons and daughters, my future children, will not be able to gain all the wonderful things Nature has to offer. I refuse to allow that to happen, not in my country.

Y'all, the outdoor life for me ranks right up their with God, Family, and Country. Hunting and fishing are American traditions, and trying to put an end to these aspects of American life is neither right, nor American.

So, fellow Outdoorsmen and women, I call for the formation of an organization to combat groups such as P.E.T.A. and other like-minded groups who want to end our outdoor lifestyle. The mission of this organization would be not only to protect those activites and traditions vital to our outdoor lifestyle, but to educate others as to why we hunt, and why we fish. Only through education will we be able to gaurantee to future generations our hunting and fishing traditions which they have a right to experience.

I cannot express in words how pleased I would be to see this proposition take foot. How are we going to fight for our lifestyle against huge organizations without our own? I will not, will not, allow my rights as an American citizen and a Nature-loving human being to be swiped away by some ignorant, evil alliance of anti-hunters and fishers.

They have their brotherhood, WE HAVE OURS!!!!

P.S. This is in no means a thread intended to begin "flame wars." It is intended for the sole purpose of discussing a means of stopping groups from taking away our Outdoor Freedoms.

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV

3. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    THEY HAVE TAX EXEMPTIONS!?!?!!?!
    thanks for the link

4. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    Give all the FOA and PETA members a knife and put em' in a river full of gators.See if that would change some minds. :D

5. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    John, after readiong your post, a ole saying comes to mind;
    "out of the mouths of babes............."
    Well, thought out,well put and dang good thinking there lil bro!
    I too grew up hunting and fishing. We kept what we killed or caught for food. It was sport but was also extra food on the table.
    Jen I followed your link and put my vote on the list, thanks sis.

6. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Everyone needs to put thier name of that list. Its easy to do and took me all of 15 seconds. I've grown up hunting and fishing and I'll be damned if some carrot eating tree hugging moron is going to take that away from me or any other red blooded american. I want to have kids someday, and I want to teach them to hunt and fish. This is as important to me as any other extracaricular activity they can get involved in. Its time these people woke up and realized what thier doing by trying to stop hunting. Where is all the money going to come from to buy and conserve land? Are they going to pay for it?

7. sassafrass

sassafrass New Member

State:
    Big Flat AR.
    Thanks Jen for the link I signed it and then e-mailed it to several friends as well.

8. Schoe

Schoe New Member

State:
    Moline ILL.
    Yes I signed it, and sent it on to all my friends. Thanks for the link. Schoe

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Added my name to the list.

Thanks for the link.

10. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    One more for the war against Peta.

11. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    signed sealed and delivered lol

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    My name is in there. Thanks for the link.

91,506 signatures so far!

Guess its time for me to go eat that ham, red beans and rice I been brewing up with extra ham. :D

13. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    You guys rock! :thumbsup:

14. thecapitan

thecapitan New Member

State:
    california
    if god didnt want us to eat animals then why are they made out of meat?

15. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    My name is on the list!!

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I signed also, they will never realize that hunters and fishermen and women, pay for conservation.

17. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I signed also, then went on to read some info about PETA.

One article of the 7 listed doesn't make sense. PETA's president said that even if animal experiments found a cure for AIDS, they would be against it.

From my observations, I've conclude that many PETA activists are at high risk of contracting this dreaded desease. Maybe they'd refuse medication. One could only hope.

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I signe dit. Now its just over 91K signatures

19. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    I put my name down. I made it 91,594 signatures. Those idiots dont relize that hunters and fisherman have greatly improved the conservation of wildlife.

20. armynavy

armynavy New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Signed sealed and delivered and sent to a few friends as well, wish they would blockade my public hunting grounds.