Anti-CatfishRescue Opponents Trying to Build a Petition

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Pip, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I had a good friend send me something that needs to be shared with the rest of ya that believe in supporting Catfish Rescue. It seems somebody has started a petition against the Catfish Rescue beliefs. Their website just opened recently and is in it's infinite stages, but as of today has 78 signatures on a petition to save the paylakes. This kind of petition against Catfish rescue really needs to be taken care of before it gets going. Only my opinion.

Below is a post from the website I'm referring to.

Here is another post on their site....

The owner of the website and author of the petition just happens to be a paylake owner. (Yeah I know, imagine that). I guess he feels threatened by what the catfishrescue stands for. His propaganga in his petition is biased, but he could easily get the support of his patrons in supporting his attempt to lobby any kind of legislation against the paylake operations. I get the feeling he is trying to quietly gather signatures in support of his questionable rights to take the very fish we as anglers fish for in public waters, but only for his personal gain and profit.

Having seen for the past year or so both commercial and recreational fishermen removing trophy size blue catfish from local fishery's close to me. I can't keep a blind eye to it and sit by idle. you guys in the midwest have been seeing it for years and it just isn't right in my opinion. The taking of these trophy's out of public waters and turning around and selling to paylakes for a profit. I don't have a problem with paylakes raising their own fish for their lakes for profit. But don't be taking them from public waters.

While I am sure some will disagree with me on my stance, I am also sure others feel the same way I do. I would hope people will support the CatfishRescue for the right reasons. If you feel supporting the CatfishRescue is the right thing to do, I hope you signed the petition and support what is trying to be done to save our public fishery's. Their interest(Paylakes) is solely personal gain at the publics expense.

I'm not forcing anybody to do anything they don't believe in. Not my goal at all. My goal is to protect the public fishery's from being drained of their resources.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah I heard that. You need to buy them as fry and raise em. Its just nonsense to remove a trophy sized catfish from all his habitat.:sad2::confused2:

3. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey, Mike

Thanks for the post and the Heads Up, I am not trying to be a smart A$$ but, if you owned a cattle ranch, and you got your Cattle for Free, you would be upset too !!!! !!!!!

Pretty much the same thing with the Pay Lakes !!!!!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Well, at least your stink has been heard when someone makes their own website to reply to it. The guy sure makes up a lot of lies and doesn't mention the fact that he benefits from the current situation.

I'd put his stuff up and reply to it. Anyone saying they know the numbers of fish in a huge river system is just guessing, etc. Commercial fishing has been banned in most states for a reason. He sure points a lot of fingers at other people for what he is doing, except he's taking his fish to a private refuge where no one but his clients can try to catch them$. Paylakes don't exist in most states. I hadn't even heard on one until I read about them on here. It isn't normal. It's weird that people think it is.

Hey, is that quote for real? Have I been duped?

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks Mike for the heads-up. I've signed it already but you can bet I'm gonna have everyone I know, fishermen or not, to sign it too ; )

6. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    "The paylake industry is far greater in numbers than the guide services, tournament fishermen and there supporters. It encompasses millions of people in the entire mid-west region."

I highly doubt that first sentence is correct. And "millions of people"? I doubt it encompasses millions of people in the entire country, unless he counts every employee of every company that he and other paylake owners buy stuff from.

If he's going to make an argument like this he should actually put some facts together and back them with evidence. Unfortunately though, a lot of people who don't know any better will believe it anyway.

7. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm glad you brought this up. I was just about to post a thread on this. I've read some of the ignorant comments that people have left...
    The people supporting that petition basically feel that just because the catfish population is on the rise that it's ok to milk it dry, instead of conserving it and trying to make it even better. James Reed advertises on his website that he has stocked over 10,000lbs of trophy catfish in 3 different ponds and over 13,500lbs of fish under 5lbs in another pond... Now take into consideration that there are hundreds of other paylakes out there doing the same thing... And these paylake owners honestly believe that doing this will have no effect on our local rivers...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2009
  8. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Gents dont post links to Pay Lake sites, or mention Pay Lakes by name.

The BOC is not going to send traffic directly or indirectly to these origins.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I will add one thing. Not all paylakes operate on the free fish system. Some actually raise their own. Each one needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis to determine where and by what means they obtain their fish.

10. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good point Jeff..

The verbage on Catfish Rescue accounts "States" that, and the bulk of Commercial fishermen that are responsibly sound people.

11. TheRiverRat

TheRiverRat New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
  12. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Catch the small ones for paylakes is fine, trophy fish is another thing!

13. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good looking out. Paylakes are going to look out for their best interests. Guides are going to look out for theirs. Anyone making money in cat fishing is also going to look out for theirs. Then there is the rest of us who just love to fish and want to catch quality fish years down the road. And we too have to look out for our best interest. One thing I have learned about this world, 99% of people won't stand up for a cause unless the benifit from it.