Anti backlash reels??

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by BLKCLOUD, Jan 8, 2008.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Have any of you got any anti backlash reels? I need to get one for my pop..His fingers don't work like they once did and it seems we spend more time cleaning out over runs than we do casting..I have seen several advertised but not really sure which one to get..thanks!!

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Maybe he needs to go to a spinning outfit. With standard mono, you're beginning to push it by the time you reach 30#, because of the stiffness, coils, and such, but superbraid will work great on a spinning reel; that lets you easily use heavy # test.

3. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    We tried the spinning reels but he cant open his finger fast enough to let the line go and 9 out of 10 cast slam down into the water right beside the boat. I may try and get him to use my zebco 733 but so far he has not thought too much of using a push button..

4. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive had one of the ab 5600 bait cast the anti backlash works great but really kills your casting distances I would say it cuts cast distance in 1/2.

Hope this help in ur decision.

5. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    you might just have to be mr. nice guy and cast for him. my brother n law had a injury at work and had limited use of his left arm so i had to cast for him for a while. if he just wants to do it himself he might haye to switch to a big spincast (closed face). the $20 shakespear tiger combo at wallmart feels like a good one and some guys on here have got some big fish on them.

6. HOPPY4

HOPPY4 New Member

State:
    Waldorf MD
    BLKCLOUD, I read what you said about the Spinning reel, but this may be an answer. The Breakaway Cannon that Cabela's sell works for casting HEAVY Spinning gear at the beach. It will not require your father to move his finger out of the way as much as just Letting GO! They Work and he may not like the idea of a Spinner very much, but it is not a Spincast setup. I am attaching the link to it and I hope that this may be able to Help you father continue to Enjoy the Sport that he has for many more years to come.

HOPPY4

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...ts&QueryText=cannon&Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1