Antelope Help?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Arkie55, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Just wondering if any of my brothers or sisters hunt Antelope on public land in Wyoming? I'm looking for information so I can put a DIY public land hunt together for me, my son, my brother in law, and his son. We're looking at NE Wyoming. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cant help with the area ,Terry . But I can give ya a few tips on huntin them,They are sorta dumb ,so if you sneak and dont show yourself standing upright they usually remain calm. they are very curious critters if you have one within 300 yards try waving a bandanna about once each 2-4 minets and get his curiosity up ,mots times they will venture close to see what you are. Around here a lot of guys use a silloet of a cow cut from 1/2" plywood and stalk to within 50 yds ,dont laugh!! it really does work.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Never been before but always wanted to go. Sounds like some good advice from Richard. Mainly chimed in to wish you luck on your trip.

4. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I don't know much about Wyoming but I have done it on my own here in Idaho and Montana. The open country Antelope live in makes it fairly easy to spot them at a distance. Good binoculars and a spotting scope are a must. I have hunted new units that I was not familiar with and within a day or two I had them spotted and plans made. Usually even in the flat country a stalk can be made by using whatever features are available. If that isn't possible I have also located them the evening befor and hiked in quietly in the dark and was set up when it got light. Don't be discouraged. You will see lots of game and have a ball. You will learn as you go....... Good luck.